Let's be friends :)

"Good morning,Mr.Jones."Jones glanced at the door to see a man in his late thirties was standing in a formal suit.

"Good morning,your good name,sir?"Jones asked flipping through some papers.

"Sir, actually..Inspector Harris sent me to you and -"

"Oh my my,please come in."Jones said.The man extended his hand for a warm handshake with a huge smile."Please have a seat,you must be detective ..Daniel Vincent?This your name,right?"Mr.Jones hesitated and at the same time cursed his weak memory.

"Yeah,yeah,this is."Detective Daniel laughed.

"Sorry,Mr.Daniel,to be honest,I have a weak memory."Mr.Jones grinned sheepishly.

"No problem,detective.You can call me Vincent,it would be easy for you.After all,we are gonna work together as a partner,it would be rather cool."Vincent smiled.

"Yeah,sounds better,Vincent,right?"he laughed.

"Yeah,it is.Don't tell me you forget things this quick."Vincent looked confused.

"No,no,relax dude,I was joking.I am not that bad at remembering things otherwise I wouldn't be working here,right?"

"Yeah,absolutely right."Vincent joined him in the laughter.The air became friendly as they conversed more and that made him feel comfortable that his new partner has a cool way of seeing things which will encourage him to work harder unlike the previous time when he used to get scolded from his partner every now and then.Jones discussed with him about his previous cases,how much he had been able to help in those,his share in uncovering mysterious cases and things like that.

"Would you like to have a cup of tea?I am noticing I have asked you more than enough and you look quite irritated."Jones smirked.He hated  being bossy all the time so he was treating his new partner as a friend.He knew very well that it was very important to befriend those first who are gonna be a big help to him.He has to maintain a friendly atmosphere for his case.It was his style of working and his partners loved him for that.He knew very well that sometime partners working together in a case build up a wall of hatred towards their leader when they are treated like workers.It results in a huge loss and Jones was very well aware of that.

"Me?No,sir..err-"

"Sir,again?"Jones made a face."Do I look like a strict boss of fifty-five with huge moustache and a big fat belly?"

"No,no,not at all,why?"

"Then don't call me sir,Vincent,for God's sake.It really makes me think that like I look like that.Call me Jones."

"Oh,okay-okay,err-Jones?"he appeared like he was mouthing the word with a lot of trouble.

"Now,now.."Jones burst out laughing."You seem like you are not mouthing my name but a slang word and that even for the first time."

"Oh,you are so funny."Vincent also joined him in the laughter."So,the answer to your first question is yes,having tea would be a nice idea.And the answer to your second question is  no,I am not getting irritated nor bored,you really have an interesting personality and I am enjoying having a conversation with you."

"My God,you said so much in a row.Don't you know I have a weak memory?"Jones rolled his eyes and made an innocent face.

"Oh my my-"Vincent again rolled in a fit of laughter."So in short,we can enjoy tea together sir."

"Sir?"Jones opened his mouth,with a fake anger.

"Oops,sorry,I mean Jones,now I want tea badly,I have become tired of.."

"Of?"Jones raised an eyebrow.

"Of laughing."

"Oh my my,yeah yeah,sure."They high-fived and Vincent looked at the files while Jones rang up to bring the tea with some tasty snacks.He didn't want to let his partner go without tasting something delicious.After all,it was his style of working..

SO,ARE YOU ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR?

AND GUESS WHO IS THIS JONES?anyone related to Sam or Kate?Or someone beyond guessing?    ;)

YEAH, YOU CAN GUESS...

THIS NEW PERSONALITY IS GONNA BE INTERESTING..HOPE YOU'LL ENJOY

THANKS FOR READING...

:)