.09

*2 days later*
Rydell High School
Venice, California 1959

"I didn't think I would be getting this trouble from you so early in the year, Y/LN." Mr. Hussey, Y/N's math teacher grumbled, pushing his wire glasses farther up on his nose. Y/N snorted as the class giggled around her, resting her legs on top of her desk.

"I would bet you also didn't think that it would be a bad idea to leave your house wearing grey on orange, Hussey." She said back casually, picking at the loose strips of wood on the table.

"We have been over this before. What I wear is none of your concern, young lady."

"Ah, you're right. I should be more concerned about the people you walk by. Better pray you don't stab them with that pointy thing you call a nose." She let her legs fall to the ground as she sat up in her seat.

The class around her burst into laughter as Mr. Hussy's cheeks turned a shade of pink and the vein popped out of his forehead. Luke, who sat a few seats ahead of Y/N, turned and smirked at the girl.

For the last few days, Y/N had grown quite antsy and a little pissed off. She hadn't seen Camila as much as she would like to have since Tuesday when she had driven Camila home after swimming all day. She and Camila had no classes together, and Camila's parents were out of town visiting some friends which left Camila busy babysitting her little sister after school every day. The only time she and Y/N had time to see each other was during passing period, and that didn't even give them enough time to hold a conversation. They couldn't even spend lunch together because The Pink Ladies dragged Camila out to the eat with them.

Her lack of Camila was really wearing her down, which was why she was so on edge, and pushing almost everyone's buttons.

Y/N knew exactly what was going to happen with her little comment, so she had already grabbed her backpack and was standing up as Mr. Hussey pointed his soft, lady finger towards the door.

"You're out of here—"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm out of here. I got it." She walked between the desks, passing Ariana who stared up in awe at the T-Bird leader. "Have a nice day, Huss." Y/N sent a salute to the fuming teacher, before pushing through the door.

The hall was empty around Y/N, and she loved it. Being able to walk through a quiet Rydell was quite peaceful, especially since it was usually always bustling.

It was 7th hour at school so she only had one hour left after this one. She planned on skipping next hour so she could just go home early and maybe finish the book she had been reading.

As she came upon the stairwell, she was about to pass the girl's bathroom. She hummed to herself, not realizing that the door to the bathroom was opening until someone walked out and they ran into each other.

The girl dropped her books as she gasped and knocked Y/N back a bit, but Y/N didn't mind when she smelled her favorite lavender shampoo.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you—Y/N." Camila sighed as she realized who she had bumped into. Her smile grew wide as Y/N's own showed itself.

"Camila," She bent down and helped the small Cuban collect her books. "You look beautiful."

"You say that every time you see me," Camila blushed, biting her lip as the two stood back up.

"And I'll continue to say it. It'll always be true," Y/N winked and placed a kiss on Camila's forehead.

"It feels like we haven't talked in forever," Camila said as Y/N wrapped her arm around her shoulder and the two started walking down the hall towards Camila's class.