.03

The Burger Diner
Venice, California 1959

The Burger Diner was bustling with excited students. The very first day at Rydell hadn't gone too horrible, and to celebrate that, most teens spent their time at the little restaurant that was owned by Ally's aunt.

Four out of five of the T-Birds lounged against the hood of Y/N's car, a black 1959 Cadillac Eldorado that she had spent over four years saving up for, when technically the car hadn't even come out yet. Her father, although hardly ever around, was a big executive for Cadillac.

"Hey," Luke patted Y/N's shoulder, getting the girl's attention who was currently playing with her switchblade. "Ariana's here." He pointed to the doors and Y/N followed his gaze over to the entrance of the diner where her old sweetheart was glancing at her with a little smile.

Ariana had changed out of her school attire and was now wearing a yellow dress that fit her well. Y/N would be lying if she said she didn't look good, and Y/N had always had a soft spot for the more innocent girls. But after Camila had come along over the summer, every other girl in Y/N's life was simply just that, a girl. Camila was the girl.

Y/N went back to her switchblade, shrugging her shoulders because she was not really into her anymore.

"Seriously? She's eyeing you like a piece of meat, Y/N. Last year you two were inseparable and now it's like you don't want anything to do with her." Luke said, hopping up next to Y/N on the hood of her car. Y/N grabbed her Newports out of the front of her jacket and pulled one out, sticking it between her lips.

"Things changed over the summer." She said simply, taking out her zippo and flipping the cover off.

"I'll say things changed. You hardly want to do anything we use to do. You're like a whole new person." He commented, while Y/N lit the butt of her cigarette. She puffed out a cloud of smoke, taking in a deep breath before letting her mind race to Camila. She had never missed someone so much. It was 24/7.

"It's because o' that girl you told us about. You're all quiet now and shit, and don't like it when we mess with people." Luke realized, seeing the love struck look playing deeply in Y/N's eyes. The T-Bird leader looked at him, trying to put on a confused face but failing because it was absolutely true.

"Bully people." Y/N corrected him.

"You say that like you weren't all over it these past few years. For whatever reason you're all soft now, it's probably 'cus of this girl."

"It is not."

"Yes it is! Last time I ever saw you all bummed out like this was when Jesse accidentally got water on your favorite Audrey Hepburn picture and you blew off him." Y/N clenched her jaw and took another drag off of her cigarette, giving in to Luke.

"Fine, okay? You're right." She admitted, making Luke let out a relieved sigh. A silence passed between the two as Luke revelled in his uncovering and Y/N thought everything over. "I don't know man, I just can't stop thinking about her. She was so..." Y/N trailed off, trying to think of a word but coming up with nothing. She would never be able to put into words what she felt about Camila. "Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, I don't even know where she is."

"She sounds amazing, getting you all frazzled. Never would I 'a thought."

"She was amazing."

"Hey, Y/N?" Matty called out from the wall that he and Jesse were leaning against. She looked at him, raising her eyebrows expectantly. He nodded his head towards the diner, and Y/N looked over to see Ariana walking towards them.

"Gah, fuck." Y/N whispered, closing her blade and dropping it into her pocket. Ariana had always had a crush on Y/N, and last year Y/N gave into her, but that didn't mean Y/N liked her back. She was way too chatty and positive, but she really knew how to work her hips.