.11

(not proofread)

Venice, California 1959

"Jessie, screw off. I'm not gonna tell you anything," Y/N muttered as she cruised down her neighborhood street, nearing her house. Jessie had begged to come over to her house after they had finished doing some more work on Zayn's car, getting it ready for the race at Thunder Road because his math teacher had sent a letter home and Jessie's father was pretty fond of the leather belt.

"C'mon, she's smoking hot, AND has a nice body, Y/N. I know you sure as hell got your dick wet," he smirked while Y/N pulled in front of her house and parked along the curve. She was too busy fuming over what Jesse had said to notice the unknown car sitting in her driveway.

"It was nothing like that, okay?" She snapped, making Jesse furrow his eyebrows. "She's too good for dumbasses like you, AND dumbasses like me. Don't talk like that, especially not about Camila, unless you want a black eye."

"Woah, sorry," he held his hands up in the air in surrender. "I didn't mean to rattle your chords, I won't do it anymore." Y/N huffed and hopped out of her car which Jesse soon followed. They walked on the sidewalk leading to Y/N's house.

"Can I ask how the movie went?" Jesse asked softly, wincing as Y/N sighed and nodded her head.

"I guess."

"So how did it go?" He asked excitedly, slapping Y/N's arm. She flinched and scowled at him as they neared her front door. She shook her head and pulled out her house keys.

"It was really nice. I think she had fun, I know I did," Y/N said, flipping through her keys while Jesse slid his hands into his pockets and rocked on his feet.

"What'd you guys do?"

"You mean besides watch the movie?" Y/N asked sarcastically, making Jesse roll his eyes playfully. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it up as Y/N slid the key through the lock and turned it before pulling on the handle and opening the door. "We talked about a lot of things, mostly just raved about Audrey Hepburn together and ate popcorn. I don't know," she continued, making Jesse coo.

"Look at you," he smiled, rolling his cigarette between his fingers. "Looks like you finally found someone to spend your time with other then rugrat."

"Rugrat?" Y/N asked, a smirk on her lips.

"Zayn, obviously."

Jesse let out a puff before handing it to Y/N who waited for him to walk in. She took a long drag and rested the stick between her lips as she blew the smoke through her nose and followed behind him.

"So when do you plan on going home, asshole? I can't keep you here forever. Sully is coming over for dinner—" She was cut off as she paid attention k the zipper on her jacket that she was unzipping that she had ran into Jesse's back, who had stopped and was staring at the familiar figure who stood balling dough onto a cookie sheet.

Y/N looked up, annoyed, but felt her annoyance fade away as she met eyes with someone she was not expecting to see. She involuntarily breathed in a puff of smoke and let it out through the corner of her mouth, chewing anxiously on the cotton end.

"Mom," she said, surprised, taking in her mother's radiant appearance. Her hair was blonder then last time Y/N had seen her, and her skin was golden, and it bothered Y/N even more.

"Y/N," her mother said sweetly, flashing her pearly whites as she put down the ball of cookie dough she had been working on.

Y/N shared a look with an uncomfortable Jesse as Allie Y/LN wiped her hands on a dish cloth and walked around the marble counter of the kitchen before making her way over to her daughter, her red stilettos clicking with each step.