.02

Rydell High School
Venice, California 1959

Camila looked around helplessly, nervously walking towards the office in the direction Ally had pointed before leaving Camila alone to get to her own class. She felt eyes on her, but only a few, prompting her to tighten her arms around her stack of textbooks and lower her head, watching her feet carry her closer to where she thought the office was.

Around her in the brown hallway, it was complete chaos. Students messed around, running and yelling obnoxiously. It was definitely a change from her old school down in Miami, where everyone was polite and well-behaved. The only similarity was the red lockers that lined the wall.

Camila stopped abruptly as two boys cut in front of her, laughing loudly while they pushed each other into the lockers. She watched as a guy in a blue jacket got down on all fours right behind a girl, and his friend casually walked up to the girl, striking up a conversation before surprisingly pushing her. The girl's papers and books flew into the air as she tripped over the guy on the floor. She fell harshly on the tiled ground and wasted no time in getting up and bursting into tears before running into the bathroom.

The guys cheered and high-fived each other before running down the hallway. Camila shook her head in disgust at their childishness and continued, seeing the 'Administration' sign hanging above a door to her right. She sighed and hurried over to it, switching her books to one hand so she could push the door open with her other.

The inside of the office was almost as chaotic as the hallway, except in here, teachers rushed between offices, asking questions and picking up papers from their mailboxes or the copier. Camila made her way over to the desk and waited patiently, watching the messiness unfold around her awkwardly.

"Malik's back for another senior year? Demi, I thought last year would be the year I finally got rid of him." Camila heard and looked over, seeing a short, bald man wearing a plaid sweater vest following a pretty lady. They stopped at the desk and the lady reached over, grabbing a stack of papers from on it and sifting through them.

"I think that that's up to his Trig grade, John. You want rid of him? Pass him for once." 'Demi' replied, making the little man open his mouth to say something, but close it and walk off.

Camila cleared her throat, hoping to get the lady's attention, but she showed no acknowledgment. Camila frowned and took a deep breath before stepping forward.

"Hi, uh, could you help me?" She asked, thankful that the lady finally paid her mind. The dark haired, 'Demi' smiled at her and turned from the stack of papers, wearing an expectant look.

"Um, my name is Camila Cabello, I'm the new student from Miami High." She stuttered and the lady's face turned into one of excitement.

"Oh, of course, you're the new senior! I'm Principle Lovato, it's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Rydell." Principle Lovato said happily, walking around Camila to the other side of the desk. Camila smiled, relieved that the principle was so kind. "I have some paperwork I need you to fill out, and you'll be good to go to first hour." She placed a few pieces of paper in front of Camila, who nodded her head and observed all of them. They were mostly just personal information papers, nothing too hard.

Principle Lovato placed a pen in front of her and sent her a smile before going back to her stack of papers. Camila took the pencil and started filling out the questions.

"So who do you have for homeroom?" She asked the shorter brunette who looked up from the questions and thought to herself for a minute.

"I have chemistry, with Mr. Fagan I think." Camila said, hating the fact that Principle Lovato's face fell when she mentioned her teacher's name. The principle quickly covered her falter up and rubbed Camila's arm reassuringly.