Chapter 5: Challenge Me

100 views milestone - Sept 2018

Celestial Temple

What was that weird light? And why we always end up grabbing each other hand whenever we fall or got trip.

For anything that happens in her life, Peridot usually finds Jasper for information, she knows more things that Peridot doesn't, and also she's the one that didn't treat her like rubbish. Lapis said she told Pearl about Jasper so Garnet and Steven were traveling to hell and try bringing her here since they have successfully brought back Peridot.

After the war Peridot main focus was only trying to find out what happens with her, memories to be precise, she needed more time alone, to find the answer on her own, that's why she has isolated herself with the others, even with Jasper, though she felt bad about it, she can't do any otherwise.

Wandering around the hall, Peridot recalled what happen back in the cabin, about Lapis, why she almost...

Damn it, get yourself together Peridot, you can't let her manipulate your attention that easy, remember what you're here for, not for the other things...

She thought by joining this 'alliance' might bring up something, cause the past 2 years she spent wasn't working really well. Might trigger some memories if see interact with one of the causes, the angel. She came to find Pearl, the one with all the intelligent, she didn't want to say 'nerd' because it would be rude, walking around in the Temple, seeing a bunch of room with colors and gems on it, as she soon finds Pearl's room but...she wasn't inside.

"Oh, you should try the ruins, Pearl usually practicing her swordsmanship skill there, down that way over the right corner"

"Thanks, Lapis" - She smiled, waving at Peridot.

By walking deeper into the hall, she found herself an exit, the ruins, but... it looks like some sort of a colloseum. Well, half of it. When Peridot saw Pearl, she was really surprised with that tall lady, perfect stance, she's sparing with another angel, the purple short woman with her light spear.

I guess that she's Amethyst, looks like they have been practice for hours.

Even Pearl was really concentrated, she still also could notice Peridot appearance, they stopped and started waving at her.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to interrupt" - Peridot startled

"It's alright, we're just about to take a break too. Come on down Peridot"

"Yeah, come on down here P" – Amethyst said in excitement

The ruin, such a sacred ancient place. Light shone in, illuminating the relics, shadowy arms stretching across it. What was left stood in spite of itself, defying gravity in its precarious way so had become a sanctuary for the Crystal Gems. The columns were the only complete thing, everything else had worn and crumbled.