Chapter 18

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                      Lucious

I wake up in the middle of the night, not feeling Lisa cuddled up against me. I look over seeing her just standing there looking out the bedroom window.

"Lisa," I call out to her, causing her to slightly jump at the sound of my voice. "What are you doing?" I ask, sitting up in the bed.

"Nothing." She says, looking back at me.

I get out of bed, walking over to her. I look out the window to see what she's looking at, but the only thing to see is the falling flakes of snow hitting the ground.

I look over at the time to see that it's 1:25 am. "Why are you stand here in the middle of the night looking out the window?" I ask, looking back over at her with a raised brow.

"I can't sleep." She looks out the window. I watch her eyes slowly following the snowflakes down to the ground, then repeat it again. "How do you feel?" She asks looking over at me, standing next to her.

"What do you mean?" I frown a little, not understanding her question.

"Have you been having this on-edge feeling. Like your inner beast is irritated and restless?" She takes in a breath and slowly releases it as if she's trying to calm her inner beast.

I've been feeling the pull of the bond as it grows stronger. Not wanting to mark her yet, I have to fight the strong urge to mate and mark her. But this irritated and restless feeling she's speaking of, I Don't feel it.

"No, I don't. Do you feel this way?" I frown, wondering if something is wrong with her.

"Yes, it started a few weeks ago." She reaches up, running her fingers through her hair, letting out a sigh.

"Maybe you're not shifting enough." I don't know if she gets affected the same way as werewolves, but when werewolves don't shift enough, it can be unhealthy for them. Their inner wolves can grow restless, causing them to lose control.

She slightly shakes her head. "While you slept. I went out into the forest last night and shifted." I frown, not knowing she left the bed and went out last night. I woke up this morning with her in my arms as if she never moved.

"I use to feel this way sometimes when I had trouble with controlling my inner beast, but my father fixed that problem for me. This feeling is similar to that, but it's not the same. This feeling is different. Maybe it's just me, I'm sure it'll go away." She let out another sigh.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask, wanting to be sure that everything is okay with her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let go back to bed." She takes my hand, leading me back over to the bed.

I put my arm around her as she lay her head on my bare chest, throwing her arm and leg across me like she always does now. I slowly close my eyes inhaling her sweet scent, fighting the strong urge to have her, to taste the sweetness of her body. To feel her naked body pressed against mines.

I can feel the beast within wanting me to mark her, wanting to be one with her. But now isn't the right time. I'm going to make them pay for what they have done and I Don't need the mark clouding my judgment and feelings.

After having breakfast the next morning, I leave the house with Lisa so she can continue her trails of retribution. There's only a few of them left to claim their rights to retribution. Day after day she has spared their lives, only for them to see her as weak.

Her weakness only makes things hard for me. I have to force myself to stand by and watch the way they disrespect her. I have to watch the way They pick at her when they think I don't see. But I see it all. I see the way they purposely bump into her. I see the way they taunt her with the flash of teeth or with words.