Chapter 28

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                       Lisa

After Lucious leaves to get the herbs that his mother needs, I spend the rest of the day alone in the house. I could've gotten the herbs for his mother, he didn't have to go there to get herbs. I just don't want Lucious to do anything that will cause problems.

Lucious promised me that he wouldn't kill anyone for those herbs and I believe he will hold true to his word.

I Don't know much about those mountain pack, but from listening to the things that Jax's was saying, they Don't seem to be very friendly people.

If Lucious can't get the herbs from one of those packs, then I will get them from father or Andy. Lucious will just have to put his ego aside and take the herbs from my family. I Don't want Lucious's mother to die. I Don't want to see Lucious hurt over the loss of his mother. These herbs can help her, so I will get them for her if Lucious can't.

The next day I get dressed and grab my coat and scarf and head out to take a walk. I can't be cooped up inside bored and alone like yesterday. I need some fresh air.

Forgetting to grab my gloves to keep my hands warm, I slide my hands into my coat pockets as I walk along the sidewalk through the streets.

I pass by members of the pack as I walk and it's the same way as it was durn the pack dinner. I Don't receive any growls or flash of teeth. They just look at me, but the second I make eye contact with them, they look away.

I don't want them to respect me because they fear that I'll kill them. I Don't want to kill them. I Don't want to kill anyone.

I let out a sigh, I guess this is better than having to deal with their bullshit all the time.

I continue to walk along the snowy sidewalk, ignoring those that I pass.

My thoughts go to Lucious, wondering when he'll be back. The mountains are a long way from here, so there's no telling when he will return if he has to visit multiple packs about those herbs.

As I walk, I see Lucious uncle Jax heading my way.

"Luna." He slightly bows his head to me, like he always does. "Where are you headed?" He turns and starts to walk next to me.

"Just going for a walk," I tell him.

"That advice you shared with me to help solve that problem with being predictable was really helpful. I'm heading to the pack warriors training session and I want for you to come and tell me what you think of my training of the pack warriors." He says.

I let out a sigh. "No thank you. I'm just going to go for a walk." They make me feel unwanted here enough durn the pack dinner. I rather avoid having to be around them when I Don't have to.

"It'll be good for you. You can get to know them and they can get to know you this way." He tells me.

"I'm sure none of them wants to get to know me," I say, looking across the street at the people walking.

"Despite what you may think, but Not everyone here holds ill feelings towards you, you know. Most of them haven't approached or spoken to you out of respect for the others who lost mates and family members to the hands of you and your family. Some of them have this foolish concern of being labeled as a trader by the others if they befriend you as their Luna." Jax tells me.

Thinking about what he's saying, I guess not everyone here has taunted me in a way or picked a fight with me. Some just stand by and watch.

"You never have seemed to be concerned about the respect of those who lost mates and family, or being labeled as a trader." Jax and Maggie have always been kind to me.