Chapter 39

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                                 Lucious

Making my way down the stairs I see Lisa grabbing her coat off the hanger.

"Where are you off to?" I ask.

"To the training facility." She looks over at me coming down the stairs as she puts her coat and gloves on.

"I'll walk there with you." I get down the stairs and grab my coat and put it on before leaving out the door with her.

As we walk Lisa hook her arm around mines moving closer to me. I take in a breath, trying to calm the thoughts that are entering my head from her being this close to me. I want her. I want to give in to the pull and take and mark her as mines.

I look over at her as we walk, thinking about what's going to happen in a few days. A small part of me doesn't want to do this because I know it's going to hurt her. The last thing I want to do is hurt her, but I just can't let go of what her family has done to my people.

"It seems to be getting even colder here." I feel her shiver against me as the cold wind blows into us.

I put my arm around her, pulling her close into the side of my body as we walk. I let my beast come forward raising my body temperature to keep her warm.

She wraps her arms around my waist as she presses the side of her face against my body, feeling the heat coming for me.

"I thought you liked the snow. You've had enough already?" I ask.

"No, I like the snow. I just don't like the cold weather." I feel her arm tighten up around my waist as if she's trying to press herself closer to me. "If only I could have one without the other." She let out a low chuckle causing me to smile a little.

"You'll grow used to the cold winters here," I tell her.

I walk into the training facility looking around at the pack warriors as they train. I frown when my eyes land on uncle Jax who is laughing about something with Tilda's mate. When uncle Jax sees me he says something to Tilda's mate before heading over to me.

I watch as uncle Jax gives Lisa a friendly smile as he passes her on his way over to me.

"What was all the laughing with that mutt about?" I frown over at uncle Jax, before glaring back over at Tilda's mate as Lisa walks over to him.

"Nothing, he said something funny." Uncle Jax says.

I continue to glare over at him watching as he talks to the newly shifted juveniles, getting them all in a line. "What does that mutt think he's doing," I ask, watching as Lisa starts to help him with the juveniles.

"He offered to help with training." Uncle Jax tells me.

"I don't want him training them." I frown over at uncle Jax. We don't need any help from him.

Uncle Jax let out a sigh. "He's Tilda's mate just as Lisa is your mate. Making him family now."

"He's not family. He helped with killing our people." My jaws clench down, watching him talk to the newly shifted juveniles.

"So did Lisa, but she's still your mate. I just think It's a bit unfair of us to overlook Lisa's doing, but hate Frank for the same exact things. It's okay for you to feel however you wish about Frank, but don't expect for me to feel that way as well." Uncle Jax tells me.

I stand here glare over at Tilda's mate as I listen to uncle Jax. I understand what he's saying, but I can't ignore this hated I hold for him and the rest of them. Every time I see him, every time I hear the sound of his voice I just want to break his fucking neck to make him pay for the lives of my people that he has killed.

I look around seeing the glares that some of the pack members are giving him.

People here shouldn't have to look into his face and wonder if he was the one who took their mate or family from them. But listening to uncle Jax I know that those same things can be said about Lisa as well.

"Maybe the goddess is trying to give us all peace by pairing you guys together. " He reaches out giving my shoulder a light squeeze. "I'll talk to you after training." Uncle Jax tells me, before walking back over to the newly shifted juveniles where Lisa and Frank are at.

After uncle Jax ends the train session for the day, I head back to the house walking next to Tilda.

I look over at her see how she's watching her mate closely as he laughs, chasing Lisa with snowballs. I watch how she looks away whenever he looks over at her acting as if she's not watching him.

"You don't have to prove anything to me. He's your mate, it's okay for you to want him." I know Tilda and I know she's only trying to prove to me that she doesn't want her mate because she gave me shit about bringing Lisa here. And now her mate is just as guilty as mines.

"I'm not trying to prove anything. He helped with killing our father and friends. I don't want him." She says with a frown, glancing over at him again.

"Why do you keep watching him," I say knowing she's lying to herself. I wanted to hate Lisa the day father was killed, but I couldn't. This bond that I share with her makes it impossible to not want her. I know this feeling, so I know Tilda wants him.

"I'm not watching him." She frowns over at me.

"You are," I say.

"I'm not." She says, her frown deepening a bit more.

"You are," I say again.

"Shut up Lucious, you're annoying." She rolls her eyes, bumping into me with her shoulder.

"You shut up." I bump her back.

"Don't bump me." She says bumping into me again.

"Well Don't be bumping me." I playfully bump into her again.

"If I could, I would trade you for a nicer less annoying brother." She gives me a low growl.

"Well, if I could, I would trade your for a goldfish," I say with a smirk.

Her mouth drops open, looking over at me. "That means." She gives me a glare.

I let out a low chuckle. "You started it."

"Momma will be hearing about this once she better." She gives me another growl.

"Snitches get stitches," I tell her.

"I'll give you some stitches." She bumps into me again.

I smile over at her. It feels like it's been a long time since we've joked around with each other.

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow