Joshaya Meets New Years

A/N: So I was just thinking about how it's said in the show that there is 6 weeks of the year when Josh and Maya are only 2 years apart. Well, we know Josh was born on Valentines day (February 14th) so wouldn't that make Maya's birthday New Years day? Anywho... let's get to the story...

Josh's POV

"HEY FAM..." I started to yell as I walked through my brothers door, but stopped because I realized no one was there. I know I'm a little late to the party, but where was everyone else? I reached into my pocket for my phone to call Cory. When I unlocked it, I saw a text I must have missed.

MY BROTHA: You're late little brother. We're on the roof. See you when you get here.

I quickly locked my phone and stuffed it back into my jeans and made my way to the roof. It was already 11:30 and I dont want to miss the countdown.

When I get to the roof, no one notices I'm there. Everyone is paired off in their little groups, talking amongst themselves. My eyes scan the rooftop looking for someone specific.

"RILEY! You're bad!" I heard her giggle and my head turned instantly toward my favorite sound in the world. I felt my heart beat pick up pace as I looked her over. Maya. My Maya. I stared at her for a moment, listening to her laugh with her friends before I decided to make my way over.

On my way over, Lucas had turned slightly and saw me. I put my finger to my lips, signaling him to be quiet. He gave me a smile and a slight nod before turning his attention back to the girls. I closed the gap between Maya and I, nestling my face into her neck.

"Happy almost birthday, Gorgeous." I whispered into her ear before loosening my hold on her slightly. She spun around to face me, her smile almost as bright as her eyes.

"You're here." She sighed, placing her arms on my shoulders, allowing her to connect her hands behind my neck. My hands remained on her waist. Her eyes never left mine and her smile never faltered once.

"I'm here." I confirmed, leaning in and kissing her forehead. As soon as my lips connect with her skin, she sighs, relaxing even more into my embrace. When I pull back, she rests her head on my chest, turning us slightly so she can look out over the city.

It doesnt feel like any time has passed at all when Cory announced its 1 minute to midnight. Maya shifts in my arms and looks up at me.

"I'm glad it's you I'm with right now. There's no one else I'd rather ring in the new year with, Josh." She says, a smile pulling at her lips. There's no one else I'd rather be with either. I hear the countdown start, everyone counting down from 10. I join in around 5.

5

4

3

I grab Maya's chin, gently tilting her head up towards me.

2

"Happy actual birthday, Gorgeous." I say quickly.

1

My lips meet hers as the clock strikes 12. I was hoping for something sweet and gentle. It was at first, but it soon changed. It was deep and passionate, all consuming. I felt her body push closer to me and her hands found my hair, tugging at it gently. Her tongue explored my mouth like she was home. I heard myself moan deeply and her tongue returned to her mouth. I bit down on her bottom lip sensually, earning a moan from her.

When the kiss ended, I couldn't help but notice how quiet it was around us. Both of us breathing heavily, we turned to face everyone. Instant panic washed over me as I noticed all eyes were on us.

"Happy birthday to me!" Maya nervously giggled. Her friends quickly got the hint and laughed along with her. Shawn and my brother looked like they were going to kill me. Topanga and Katy just smiled at their husbands and brought their focus back to them.

"Happy 18th birthday, Peaches!" I heard Riley say between giggles.

"How's adulthood so far?" Farkle questions knowingly.

"Best. Birthday. Ever." Maya says,  emphasizing each word.

She looks up at me and I smile down at her in agreement. I lower my face and claim her lips again, and again, I dont care who sees.