Chapter 23: Cody's Birthday

Ashley POV
Cody’s 18th birthday is today and I’m going to throw him party. Yes, I know how it all sounds but he’s only turn 18 once. I got the idea to throw him a beach party for his birthday. I was able to call all of his friends and family, from Australia, to come for Cody’s birthday.

“Hi Angie, hi Brad. How are you today?” I said.
“We’re good Ashley. Are you here for Cody?” Angie said.
“I was here to see if you could distract Cody today because I want to throw him a party for his 18th birthday.” I told them.
“Sure, I’ll do it.” Brad said.

I told them everything they need to know about the party. The lads, Matt, Angie, Alli, and Tommy are going to go set up the party. Good thing I was able to reserve the beach for the party and invite everyone that is Cody’s friend in America.

“Alli can you drive me to Party City?” I ask her.
“Sure let’s go get our stuff on.” Alli said.

I laugh at her little joke. Soon we got at Party City to find a bunch of stuff for the party. Jake sent me a message that they’ll be landing in Los Angeles soon. I took the liberty to tell Alli to go to the airport. I was able to spot Jake out of the crowd. There were only 12 people, including Jake, that are here. We got a taxi and some rode with Alli. We went to the Simpson’s house to drop them off. Then Alli and I went to the beach to set everything.

After four hours of decorating, it was all good for Cody. Alli and I went to go get the cake that I order for Cody. There were two cakes, one chocolate and one vanilla, saying Happy Birthday Cody. I want everything to be perfect for Cody. Once I got back to the beach, I told Angie to message Brad that he can take Cody to the beach right now. They got here in a few minutes.

“HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY CODY!” Everyone scream once Cody got into view. I walk up to him.
“You did this didn’t you?” Cody said. I nod my head smiling.
“I love it thank you.” Cody said before he gave me a kiss.
“I would do anything for you and besides you only turn 18 once. You’re officially an adult.” I said.
“I love you.” Cody said.
“I love you too.” I said back.

The party was on a full swing. I met Cody’s family and many of his friends. We brought out the cake and sang Happy Birthday to Cody. Now it’s present time, I got Cody a surfboard and guitar.

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” Cody said.
“But I wanted to and that isn’t my only gifts for you.” I said. I grab a guitar and start playing.

There are three words, that I've been dying to say to you Burns in my heart, like a fire that ain't goin' out There are three words, & I want you to know they are true... I need to let you know

I wanna say I love you, I wanna hold you tight I want your arms around me & I, want your lips on mine I wanna say I love you, but, babe I'm terrified My hands are shaking, my heart is racing Cause it's something I can't hide, it's something I can't deny So here I go... Baby I lo-o-o-ve you

I've never said, these words to anyone, anyone at all Never got this close, cause I was always afraid I would fall But now i know, that I'll fall right in-to your arms... Don't ever let me go

I wanna say I love you, I wanna hold you tight I want your arms around me & I, want your lips on mine I wanna say I love you, but, babe I'm terrified My hands are shaking, my heart is racing Cause it's something I can't hide, it's something I can't deny So here I go... Baby I lo-o-o-ve you

Take it in, breathe the air What is there to really fear I can't contain, what my heart's sayin' I gotta say it out loud...

I wanna say I love you, I wanna hold you tight I want your arms around me & I, want your lips on mine I wanna say I love you, but, babe I'm terrified My hands are shaking, my heart is racing Cause it's something I can't hide, it's something I can't deny So here I go... Baby I lo-o-o-o-ve you

“Happy birthday Cody, I wrote this for you and I love you so much.” I said.