Chapter 24: Ashley's Birthday

Cody POV
I plan the whole day for Ashley and I. Today is Ashley’s birthday and I want to do something very special for her and not have a party like the one she threw for me because I know she would prefer to be with me than at a party. There will be a surprise for her at the end too. I drive to the house that the mates of One Direction and Ashley recently bought. I ring the doorbell and wait for Ashley. She opens the door already dress. I give her the flowers I brought her.

“Happy birthday baby girl.” I said.
“Thank you Cody.” She said giving a kiss on the cheek.
“I’ve plan a whole day for us and we should get going right now.” I said.
“Hold up let me put the flowers in a vase.” Ashley said.

I wait for her to be done so we’ll be able to leave. Once she was done, we went to my car and I drive to the first place we’re going, the beach.

“You could have told me to bring a swimsuit before you brought me here.” Ashley said.
“Ashley don’t worry, I was able to get Alli to go out and get you some clothes that are needed for the whole day.” I told her.
“Well, thank you for being the best boyfriend ever.” She says giving me a kiss.
“Your welcome and you are the best girlfriend ever.” I said after we pulled away to breath.

We both smile at each other. After we were done, I give her the bikini that Alli bought for Ashley. I got change into my trunks and wait for Ashley. Soon she comes out looking beautiful in her tie-dye bikini.

“Are you ready Miss Horan?” I ask her holding out my hand.
“I am ready Mr. Simpson.” She says taking my hand into hers.

We went surfing, built sand castles, got into a water war, and played some sports with people on the beach. Until Ashley got hungry, so I took her to a little diner on the pier. We put back on our clothes before we went to the diner.

“Order whatever you want I’m going to pay for everything.” I said.
“Cody you know that I don’t like to use your money because I can pay for myself.” She said.
“Come on babe it’s your birthday and I want the birthday girl to be the special girl in the world. It’s all about her today so let me pay for everything.” I plead.
“Okay fine I’ll let you pay.” She finally gives in.

Ashley orders a bacon hamburger and an Oreo milkshake. I order a cheeseburger and a vanilla milkshake. We order an extra-large plate of French fries for both of us to share. There was a fair on near the pier so we decide to go there to look around after we were done eating. I won Ashley a Teddy bear that holds a heart that says “I Wuv U” and Ashley won me a stuff turtle.

“We haven’t been on the Farris Wheel. Do you want to go on it?” I said.
“Sure but if it breaks down it’s your entire fault I was on it.” She said.

I laugh at her silliness. Once the Farris Wheel got to the top, we kiss. Yes I know how cheesy and cliché that is. After the fair, I took her to my house. My family set up the back yard to a beautiful place with fairy lights everywhere, the tablecloth table, and the candle in the middle of the table. I give Ashley the clothes Alli bought for her and while I wait for her to get ready, I went to go get ready too. I am now wearing; a blue button up shirt, a black blazer, khaki pants with a black belt and blue Pastry Love shoes for boys. Ashley was dress in; a strapless dress that is light blue, black Converse, her necklace, with little make up on, and her bangs were braided out of her face and the rest of her hair was curly.

“You look beautiful.” I tell Ashley while kissing her forehead.
“You look handsome.” Ashley tells me while she kisses my cheek.
“Are you ready for dinner, my lady? I ask.
“I am ready for dinner, kind sir.” She said.

We walk out to the back yard eating my mom’s Italian dinner she cooked for us. Soon they brought out the cake and we sing Happy Birthday to Ashley.

“Make a wish.” I remind her. She closed her eyes and blows out the candles. We all start giving Ashley her presents. I was last because this is going to change everything for both of us. My dad hands me my guitar.
“Ashley I want to sing something for you.” I tell her. She nods her head and I start playing the guitar.

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head When I think of all the years I wanna be with you Wake up every morning with you in my bed That's precisely what I plan to do

And you know one of these days when I get my money right Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough I'll say,

"Will you marry me?" I swear that I will mean it I'll say, "Will you marry me?" Singing Ooh whoa ooh oh Ooh whoa ooh oh Ooh whoa ooh oh Oh, yeah

How many girls in the world can make me feel like this? Baby I don't ever plan to find out The more I look, the more I find the reasons why You're the love of my life You know one of these days when I get my money right Buy you everything and show you all the finer things in life We'll forever be in love, so there ain't no need to rush But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough

I'll say, "Will you marry me?" I swear that I will mean it I'll say, "Will you marry me?" And if I lost everything In my heart it means nothing 'Cause I have you, Girl, I have you To get right down on bended knee Nothing else would ever be better, better That day when...

I'll say, "Will you marry me?" I swear that I will mean it I'll say, "Will you marry me?" I'll say, "Will you marry me?" (I'll get down on one knee) I swear that I will mean it I'll say, "Will you marry me?"

Got me singing Ooh whoa ooh oh Got me singing Ooh whoa ooh oh Would you marry me, baby? Ooh whoa ooh oh Ooh whoa ooh oh Ooh whoa ooh oh A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head When I think of all the years I wanna be with you Wake up every morning with you in my bed That's precisely what I plan to do, yeah.

Alli takes my guitar while I get down on one knee opening the box that was in my blazer with the ring in it.

“Ashley I love you so much. The first time I meet you, you were all I want and need. You were always on my mind. I broke up with Gigi to be with you but I realize I was too late when you were already with Liam. We have been together for over two years and half. I know you’re the only I want. I gave you my heart, you never broke it once, and I did the same for you. Will you marry me Ashley Victoria Horan?” I said with so many emotions in my voice.
“YES! I’LL MARRY YOU CODY ROBERT SIMPSON!” Ashley exclaims jumping into my arms.

I put the ring on her finger and kiss her. Ashley just made me the luckiest man in the world. My fiancé or soon to be wife and I are going to be together forever.