071

[ narration ]

I check my phone again to see if Jungkook replied to my chat last night. He didn't even seen it. Should I go to their practice room and check him? I should do that.

I made my way to their practice room but then disappointed to see its locked. Where are they?

"Excuse me, do you know where the BTS are right now?" I asked a random stranger passing by.

"They are at the gym, practicing for the line ups for tomorrow's event." I said my thanks and walks towards the gym. I hope I can talk to him.

[ --- ]

"Chin up Kook, some fans will worry with your sad face. You don't want that to happen don't you?" RM hyung said. We are currently waiting for our turn to step on stage.

"You're worrying about something kid?" Suga hyung went beside me while fixing his ear-piece. I shrugged and told them not to worry about me. Suga hyung just tap my shoulder.

"Kook there's so-" Tae hyung shouted at the same time we are called to step on stage.

"Save that later Tae." Jin hyung answered. I stepped on stage and saw few people on stage. Is this somewhat an encore? And why is Tzuyu here? She's a performer too?

"That's what I'm about to tell you Kook. She's here." Tae hyung whispered in my ear. I take a peek on her, well she's pretty, she rarely smiles with her unnies and she's hella tall for their group.

"You're getting obvious Kook, keep it subtle." Tae hyung reminded me. So I averted my gaze forward and saw her wandering in this gym. What is she doing here? Who is she looking for? I watch her as her eyes keep wandering, and I was surprised when our eyes met. So I look away and look at the other side.  Is she looking for me?

"Hey Kook, what is Yeri doing here? Is she going to watch us perform again?" Jimin hyung ask with his eyes twinkling.

"I don't know." I simply answered. I saw her take a seat at the chairs in front of us by my peripheral vision. So she's going to watch us?  I caught her waving towards Hobi hyung.

I did my best not be distracted by her presence while listening to the staff. They told us what to do and when to step on stage the next day. After dismissing us I hurriedly went down the stage but I saw her stand up and went near the stage so I stopped and someone bumped into me. I looked back to see who is it and saw Tzuyu.

"Sorry." She said and bowed. I bowed back and went down on stage, passing by Yeri. I heared her calling my name but I did my best not to look back and went to our waiting room.

"Jungkook are things fine with you and Yeri?" Hoseok hyung asked when they enter. I just nod as answer.

"Then why are you not talking to her?"

"Are you avoiding her?" Why?

"She's waiting for you after practice. She said she'll treat you something to eat." Hoseok hyung added. I replied 'okay' and turn my back to them. What's happening with me?

"Yo Kook, so what's the plan with Tzuyu?" Tae hyung sat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"You just interacted. Shall we pass by their waiting room and say our 'Hello' to them and get her number?" Tae hyung said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"I want to drink banana milk." I excused.

"Yeri's waiting outside Kook." Hoseok hyung reminded, I just nod again and went out the room.

[ --- ]

"Is he fine?" Taehyung asked. He was surprised because Jungkook just reject him.

"He's... unusual." Hoseok 'tsk' while reading a magazine.

"He's love sick." Namjoon said while fixing his hair in front of the mirror.

"He's so confused and everything is conplicated. It's his first time crush-ing. Let's just support him." Namjoon added.

"I want to meet Yeri!" Jimin said out of the blue.

"Nah, take a nap so you can grow taller instead." Jin replied.

"You always tells me that hyung." Jimin pouted.

[ --- ]

I am sitting here waiting for Jungkook's practice to finish, but they are currently on a break so I have to wait for minutes to talk to him.

My eyes are wandering around when I caught Jungkook walking out their place. So I stood up to talk to him but someone covered my eyes before I could even walk.

"Guess who?" Someone covering my eyes asked. His voice. His scent.

"Jae - jaehyun?" I answered. He uncovered my eyes and turn back to check if it was really him.

"Hi Yeri. I miss you." He said and hugged me.

"Don't you miss me?" He whispered to my ear still hugging me.

"O-of course I miss you." I answered.

"No you don't." I can imagine his face pouting. So I hugged him back and said. "I did miss you."

"Want some brunch? My treat." He remove his arms around me. As far as I want to talk to Jungkook, I miss this guy so much.

[ --- ]

"You're back?"

"There's no banana milk available?"

His hyungs questioned him when he went back to their room. He shakes his head and take a seat.

He saw how Jaehyun hugged Yeri and how Yeri hugged him back. He's frustrated. Angry. Complicated.

"Aargh!" He shouts as he mess his hair out of frustration.

"You okay Kook?" Jin asked him.

He took a deep breathe and answered, "I'm fine hyung."