Chapter 13- Yugi's answer

Previously, on The Purest Temple...

"Nephthys! Take away my first blessing! I will give it to you in order to save Yugi!!!" Atem said.

The soldier stepped behind Yugi and raised up his staff, Yugi looked behind and saw that the soldier had his staff raised.

"YUGI!!!!" Joey, Tristan and Tea was horrified as they saw the soldier was going to kill Yugi as Nephthtys snapped her fingers, giving the soldier the order to kill Yugi as he closed his eyes tight.

But just when he was about to put the blade down on him, Yugi opened his eyes and saw nothing happened to him as he looked up and saw Atem saving his life.
************************************

"I win." Atem said as he grabbed the staff from the soldier and made it disappear.

The gardz that was wrapped around Yugi's wrist disappeared as well, Atem took his hand and got him up off the ground and held him close.

"Atem you did it." Yugi said.

"You're safe now." He said.

"So, what was the riddle?" Yugi asked.

"A mortal prayer is a wish, the wish you made on the puzzle gave me life.
A God's first blessing is giving to a mortal, I had to die in order to become a being of both worlds, a being that only a God and a mortal shared each other. A guardian is not exactly an angel, but a guardian God that is only devoted to one mortal and one mortal alone and a mortal who only desires one God alone. You and I are bound, I will protect you when you need me most." Atem said as he held Yugi by his cheeks in his hands and nuzzled him.

"Atem." Yugi said.

"Congratulations Atem, you passed my test." Nephthys said.

"A test?" Atem asked.

"This challenge was testing your devotion towards Yugi, you would become a God one day, but I always watched your actions towards Heba. You loved Heba as you loved Yugi for they are one in the same. The Gods knew you wanted to be with him forever, but it was not possible as a pure God, so I was sent to test your devotion and thus making you a God devoted to a mortal." Nephthys said.

"So you tested me in order to see if I was willing to be Yugi's God?" Atem asked.

"That is correct. Your choice of persons you adore is good, you couldn't have found a more pure soul to love. The Purest Temple that has ever existed in Egyptian history." Nephthys said as she disappeared.

"That's right, as for Yugi." Atem said as he walked over towards Yugi.

"Atem." He said.

"Partner, I hope it's alright to ask you about your answer?" Atem asked.

"Oh that's right, I almost forgot." Yugi said.

"Pardon me my king, I understand that you have confess your love for this man, however I must advise that if you wish to be a representation of your people, your confession must be done the way Egyptians do." Seto said.

"You're right, I have to do this properly, the way of my culture, my people do this." Atem said as he got down on his knees and held Yugi's hands to his face as he closed his eyes.

Which made Yugi blush.

"Yugi, hear me as I wish to belong only to you.  I give you my treasures, my clothes, my crown, my belongings, my kingdom and even my title. Together we can share my offerings as a couple as I also give you my purest devotion and love." Atem said.

"So he's giving Yugi everything." Tristan asked.

"Wow." Tea said.

"It's the confession that is only made if you have only love, trust and devotion for your partner." Seto said.

"Why's that?" Joey asked.

"The confessor must offer up everything he owns to share with his love, if the other accepts they share those things and their lives together. But if they refuse then they take everything that was offered and throw the confessor on the streets to die. But my king is a God now, so Yugi can't throw him out if he doesn't live on earth." Seto said.

"Well I dunno, he pretty much has Atem wrapped around his finger, I'm sure if he told him to die he would do it for him." Joey said.

"That's Yugi you're talking about Joey!" Tristan and Tea said as they looked at him funny.

"Atem, I understand your feelings even how it's been so long since it began. When you said "I want to be with you forever" I was naive at the time, it went over my head and I thought it was just something you said as a friend. But it was a foolish thought, no one said something like that non-romantically. I think you knew it went over my head too, you acted as if it didn't happen later on, I feel like I betrayed you and hurt your heart so much because of me. Yet, here we are and you still show and have always shown that no matter what my decision was, you would stay with me because you love me. I thought about it very hard, my answer. Atem, have been the greatest friend I could ever ask for, but I want to love you as much as you have loved me. I do share your feelings!" Yugi said as he smiled and tears started falling down his face.

Atem looked up at him and stood up as he was surprised.

"Partner, I will promise to protect and love you for eternity." Atem said.

"Call me Yugi." He said.

"Yugi." Atem said.

Then they closed the distance and kissed.