Welcome to the mini chapter of The Purest Temple!

Keep in mind this mini chapter is very long, it tells Yugi's side of the story and everything that he and Atem did. so enjoy it!

Yugi's story-

That first night, Atem appeared to me as a God.

Flash back-

Months later in the dead of night, Yugi looked out of his window at the night sky as he got the thinking about Atem.

"He was right, that time I dueled against Diva.

Subconsciously, as I fell I asked for Atem's help and he kept his promise in appearing when I needed him.

I wonder though, what counts as me needing him most when I'm in trouble? Or can it be anything?

Now that we have a bond beyond partners, but as lovers, I want to see him again.

I want Atem to be with me physically, I want to hold him close to me again."

As soon as he walked away from his window, he felt a familiar presence.

"This presence! Is it?" Yugi asked himself as he turned around and saw a beam of light came through his window.

But that beam of light formed into an Egyptian pharaoh.

Yep, it was Atem. Surprise!

"Good to see you again, partner." He said.

"Ate... Atem!!" Yugi shouted as he ran up to him with tears in his eyes and hugged him.

"I'm here again Yugi, just like you wanted." Atem said as he hugged him back.

"Atem...!" Yugi said.

They pulled away for a bit and Atem put his hands on Yugi's cheeks.

"Yugi, I wasn't able to tell you how much you changed since the last time we met. You have aged like fine wine, you've become even more beautiful than before. Your eyes are so alluring, but they still remain pure, they still have the same kindness as before." He said.

"Atem, he always granting my wishes. Always granting my..." Yugi thought as he looked down at the floor with a sad look.

"Yugi, what's wrong?" Atem asked.

"You've always granted all of my wishes and yet, I haven't done anything for you in return. You gave me everything I wanted and yet, I have given you nothing, all I did was-"  He was cut off Atem.

"That's not true." He said.

"What?" Yugi asked.

"Yugi, you have done far more than you think, you have granted them." Atem said.

"I did?" Yugi asked.

"Yes, you have risked as much for my happiness as I have for yours. You put me to rest, helped me save the world, made me a better person, overcome my dark side, and above all, you gave the love I've lost back to me. You still doubt yourself Yugi, but you've always been my wish." Atem said.

"Atem, thank you. But I don't know, something still feels empty inside, like I'm missing something. But what can a mortal give to a God? You can have anything you want." Yugi said.

"If that's how you feel, then I do have a wish. Something a God can never have from a mortal, I felt guilty about it for such a long time. When we were back in Egypt, you were my temple and were forced to sleep with me. What I wish for that no God can have, is your consent." Atem said as he made Yugi blush.

"B-but Atem, I said back then that I-" He was cut off again.

"I know. I know what you said, but it never felt right to me. I hid my insecurity over it with false confidence, no matter how I look at it I still feel guilty." Atem said as his eyes grew sad and cold.