Chapter 11- Nephthys the goddess of death

When I found out about Heba, even I was surprised, but it all made sense to me afterwards. Why I had these feelings for you, why our bond was so strong, why I felt you needed to be protected. It's because you were always in my heart, I may have forgotten my memories previously, but my heart still remembered you." Atem said.

"This is quite a lot to take in at the moment. But oddly enough, I understand more now than I ever did before. History is repeating, that's why we are the way we are." Yugi said.

"So you're not mad about this situation?" Atem asked.

"Why would I be? My eyes opened up to understand our relationship. I knew there was a deeper meaning to our bond, but I never knew what it was. Fate brought us together again, not only to stop evil, but to make up what was lost." Yugi said.

Atem dropped the torch and walked over towards Yugi and held his hands.

"Yugi! I wanted you to understand, because I loved Heba, doesn't mean my feelings for you means anything less. But what your decision may be, I will still see you as my most cherished partner, that I can promise will never change." He said.

"Atem, you may have loved Heba in the past, but it's all because of Heba why you love me, why you met me and why we were destined to meet and save the world. I've decided, my answer to your question is if I love you the same way you love me, I will tell you tomorrow." Yugi said.

"Alright, thank you partner." Atem said.

The next morning...

"Just when you think you got it all figured out, but Yugi had a previous life here. As for Atem...ah! In fact, there he is. Well he doesn't look happy, probably because he knows Yugi has his consent. I understand though, I'd be pretty smug too, if Yugi like having sex with me. Wait, that could have been worded better." Joey thought to himself as he saw Atem smiling.

"Good morning Atem." Teà said.

"Good morning." Atem said.

"Ah! Where's Yugi?" Teà asked.

"Don't worry, he'll be here shortly." Atem said.

"Atem!" Yugi shouted.

"Ah, speaking of which." He said he saw Yugi walking towards him and Teà.

"Good morning partner." Atem said.

"Atem, about your question, I want to tell you now." Yugi said.

Out of nowhere, a beam of light came from the sky and landed into the palace, blinding both Atem and Yugi as they opened their eyes and saw something out of the ordinary.

"It...it can't be!" Atem said as he was stunned at what he saw or should I say who he saw.

"Hello Atem." The mysterious goddess said.

"Nephthys?!" Atem asked.

"Nephthys?! Like the goddess of death Nephthys?!" Tristan asked.

"An actual Egyptian goddess!!" Joey said.

"Atem, you didn't think you would get an answer without proving yourself first have you? How about we play a game, one that requires your pretty little temple." Nephthys said.

"I'd gamble many things in a game, but Yugi's life is never one of them! You're not having him!" Atem said as he stepped forward.

"Don't challenge me, young demi God!" Nephthys said as she stretched her gardz out and wrapped Atem's wrist and pulled him close to her.

"Your bravery is nothing but foolishness if you think you can take me on." She said as she touched his cheek.

Note: Don't go up against a goddess of death.

"Don't worry Atem, the sooner you play my game, the sooner I will let you leave, perhaps if you win." Nephthys said.

"If I win?" Atem asked.

Nephthys snapped her fingers and made two gardz appear from the ground and binding both Yugi's hands, causing him to kneel.

"Partner!" Atem shouted.

"Ah ah, not yet. We can't have you cheat this game, you'll go to him soon enough, maybe." Nephthys said.

"Is this a shadow game?" Yugi asked as he tried to break free.

"Yugi!" Tristan shouted.

"Don't worry Yuuge, we will-" Joey was cut off by Nephthys.

"Stop right there! The game has already begun, if anyone interferes with us, the game will end and Yugi's life is mine! Does everyone understand? This is your only warning!" She said.

"Crap!" Joey said angrily.

"The rules are simple, just rescue your beloved temple and you win. Oh one more thing..." Nephthys said as she snapped her fingers at Atem, causing him not to move his legs.

"My...! My legs! I can't move them! Just like when...! Wait, she isn't thinking of...!" Atem thought to himself.

"Let's see how long it takes for you to reach him, if at all." Nephthys said as she snapped her fingers again and made an Egyptian soldier appeared with a staff in his hand.

"I DECLARE YUGI'S TITLE AS TEMPLE REVOKE!!" She yelled.

"NO!!!" Atem yelled.

Yugi got the thinking, "Why is Nephthys doing this to Atem? What is it he needs to do to prove himself to her?"

Atem tries to take a few steps closer to Yugi.

Then Teà got thinking as she stood on the sidelines and watched the whole thing happen as she became scared to death for both Yugi and Atem.

"This is bad! I want to help, me and the others want to stop this, but if we do Yugi will die and it wouldn't be a good idea to face a goddess, we don't know what she can do! I feel useless!!"

To be continued on chapter 12 of The Purest Temple...