Chapter 14- Back to Domino city

"Partner, I will promise to protect and love you for eternity." Atem said.

"Call me Yugi." He said.

"Yugi." Atem said.

Then they closed the distance and kissed.

"Ahem! Hey it's great Yugi is safe now and you two are lovey dovey and all, but we need to get back home." Tristan said.

"Ah! That's right, it shouldn't be as difficult now since I became a God." Atem said as he turned his attention to Yugi and saw him red in the face.

"I wasn't paying attention and I accidentally copped a feel!" Yugi said to himself.

"Are you ready to go back home Yugi?" Atem asked.

"I can't stay? But Atem, I want to be with you!" Yugi said.

"I will be with you forever, just like I promised. I'm your God now and I will always be watching over you. Just remember  I will appear whenever you need me there the most. I don't belong in your era, at least not yet, but I will be there with you always. Afterall, I'd never leave your side whether you shared my feelings or not, my love for you is not broken by anything. Even if you didn't love me I'll still protect you." Atem said.

"I hope I see you again soon." Yugi said.

"You will see me again soon." Atem said as he gave him a hug.

"Teà?" Joey asked as he saw her looking all sad, especially for Yugi.

"We're leaving him again. I don't know how many times I can handle this, it's happening to us all over again and not only that, but this time the felt feelings only for Yugi, so me, Yugi and Atem were just running in circles, but now they have both decided." Teà thought to herself.

Then Atem turned his attention to her and walked over towards her.

"Tea?" He asked.

"Ah, yes?!" She answered.

"I always notice how you feel about me, but you understand my reason now.  I appreciate your feelings, but I'm afraid I never shared them, I'm sorry I could not return them." Atem said.

"You don't need to apologize Atem, I should be sorry, I was selfish and only thought about my own feelings towards you and not yours towards anyone else. Even I though loved Yugi all this time, deep down, I told myself that wasn't the case." Teà said.

"I appreciate it, but don't feel bad. We're both friends and even we have our insecurities among each other." Atem said.

"I know, but I want you to know that all I really want is yours and Yugi's happiness. Take good care of eachother." Teà said.

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Atem asked.

"Yeah!" Tristan said.

"Hey, this isn't goodbye, we'll see eachother again." Joey said.

Yugi nodded his head as he watched Atem use his power to teleport him and his friends back to their own time.

"Until we meet again, partner." Atem said.

"Goodbye for now Atem." Yugi said.

Let's go back to the future of Domino city.

"We're back! And I got my clothes back too!!" Yugi said.

"And I get to touch my pal again!!!" Joey said cheerfully as he hugged Yugi from behind.

"Oh, is that what you missed the most?" Teà asked Joey.

"That's not what I mean Teà!" He said.

"All jokes aside, I wonder will we see Atem again? And if so will it be another big adventure?" Tristan asked.

Then Yugi got the thinking about seeing Atem again himself.

"I wonder if I could see him again?"

Months later in the dead of night, Yugi looked out of his window at the night sky as he got the thinking about Atem.

"He was right, that time I dueled against Diva.

Subconsciously, as I fell I asked for Atem's help and he kept his promise in appearing when I needed him.

I wonder though, what counts as me needing him most when I'm in trouble? Or can it be anything?

Now that we have a bond beyond partners, but as lovers, I want to see him again.

I want Atem to be with me physically, I want to hold him close to me again."

As soon as he walked away from his window, he felt a familiar presence.

"This presence! Is it?" Yugi asked himself as he turned around and saw a beam of light came through his window.

But that beam of light formed into an Egyptian pharaoh.

Yep, it was Atem. Surprise!

"Good to see you again, partner." He said.

"Ate... Atem!!" Yugi shouted as he ran up to him with tears in his eyes and hugged him.

"I'm here again Yugi, just like you wanted." Atem said as he hugged him back.

"Atem...!" Yugi said.

They pulled away for a bit and Atem put his hands on Yugi's cheeks.

"Yugi, I wasn't able to tell you how much you changed since the last time we met. You have aged like fine wine, you've become even more beautiful than before. Your eyes are so alluring, but they still remain pure, they still have the same kindness as before." He said.

"Atem, he always granting my wishes. Always granting my..." Yugi thought as he looked down at the floor with a sad look.

"Yugi, what's wrong?" Atem asked.

"You've always granted all of my wishes and yet, I haven't done anything for you in return. You gave me everything I wanted and yet, I have given you nothing, all I did was-"  He was cut off by Atem.

"That's not true." He said.

"What?" Yugi asked.

"Yugi, you have done far more than you think, you have granted them." Atem said.

"I did?" Yugi asked.

"Yes, you have risked as much for my happiness as I have for yours. You put me to rest, helped me save the world, made me a better person, overcome my dark side, and above all, you gave the love I've lost back to me. You still doubt yourself Yugi, but you've always been my wish." Atem said.