A Parents Duty

"Who is leaving you?" Ian asked again as Matt began to blush and quickly unwrapped himself from Ian's body.

A soft giggle took over Matt as he tried to calm himself. "The man who gave me my scars! He's finally going to die!" The small man was practically bouncing with excitement as he looked at his phone then back to Ian. "That evil man is dying! I'll finally be free!"

Ian looked at him in shock as Matt bounced around. He may have been an adult on the outside, but inside he was still a child."How could you say something like that?" He asked as he choked out. "Death is nothing to be happy about Matt. How could you be happy about somebody's death?" He asked with an abrasiveness that shocked Matt. "I would do anything to see my little brother again."

"This isn't about your brother!" Matt said, suddenly annoyed with Ian's lack of joy. "This is about the monster who tried to kill my mother and I! How could you try and compare the two? You loved your little brother didn't you?"

"You're in shock... That has to be it." Ian mumbled out, "There isn't any other way you would act like this."

"Oh is it?" Matt mocked, "I'm in shock? The man who ruined my life is finally going to get what he deserves, and you think I should be sad? That's crazy!"

"Death isn't a joke," Ian said with a pain that reverberated to Matt. "Death is permanent! No redo's or retakes, all it does is leave you empty inside! Nothing about death is a happy thing. You shouldn't be happy about this!"

Falling silent at the harsh words, Matt stood still, feeling suddenly ashamed of his actions. Then the deep hatred he had felt in his dream started bubbling up inside of him. Not even a second after he felt it, the cold anger took over, giving Matt a whole new feeling. Looking directly at Ian with the same angry glare as his father's, malice gushed out of him like a wave. "No, you know what Ian no!" He exclaimed as the whistling of the tree faded away. "I don't think you get how I was raised. I thought I could just forgive him for what he did to me, but I can't. I'm glad he is dying!"

"How could you say such hateful words?" Ian mumbled, "The death of any living being is sad, but the passing of a parent, no matter how trashy is not something to dance around for!"

A bitter chuckle escaped Matt's lips. "No? Dancing for the fact that I am now free of the poor excuse of a man would take a belt to me! He scarred me for life! So no, I don't feel guilty for his death at all! I don't see why you're mad!"

"Have you no sympathy!" Ian practically screamed out. "He has been spending his last few weeks trying to make it right between you two, but you are so stuck in your own past that you refuse to see him! Now that his life is coming to an end you're happy? That's just evil Matt! It's not like you at all!"

"You know what I think is funny." Matt asked with a cold, unyielding voice that sent shivers down his own spine. He began to laugh again, but this time it wasn't his normal laugh. There was no joy that came from that laughter. This laugh was one of pure hatred. "I think all of this is just fine. That man did more than take a belt to me. There's something else I neglected to mention since I was too ashamed to bring it up, but you seem to think that his death was a bad thing. So I guess I'll tell you his dirty little secret. That man is a pedophile!" Ian's face contorted in confusion as Matt continued. "That's right; he used to take me to the back room to teach me a lesson about how it felt to be fucked. He was so sure I was fucking my own mother that he shoved his dick into me!" He felt his fury swelter at the reveal of his darkest secret that only he and his father knew.

Looking down at the ground Ian closed his eyes, his hands shaking. Matt began his cynical laugh again as Ian looked back up to him; his eyes brimming with tears. "You know what Matt," He said in a voice that had fallen into a calm rage matching Matt's. "I know you had it rough growing up, but that doesn't give you the right to be an asshole about it now!"