M-Married?

"Kevi, why are you taking me everywhere today? We've been to Bangers, the aquarium, the zoo, and now the park!" Matt asked as the two stood in line for an ice cream truck. Kevin looked over at him with a weak smile, then looked back towards the truck. "I mean, it's not like I mind. We don't normally go out, so it's really nice!"

"Yeah, don't worry about it." Kevin replied in a soft tone, his fingers shaking as he wrapped his around Matt's. "Have you decided what kind of ice cream you want?" Matt shook his head no. "Well hurry, we don't have long before we get to the front!" 

Matt looked at the sign on the side of the shop and focused on the options, casually reading the flavors aloud to himself. As the line got smaller, Kevin pulled his hand free from Matt's and reached for his wallet. "I think I want cherry, but I also want bubblegum, I just don't like them both at the same time!" He looked up to Kevin, his eyes wide with concern. "Which one should I pick?" 

"I don't know baby, pick one before all the ice cream melts away." Kevin joked as he reached for a bill. The line eventually faded away, and the pair were next. Heading to the front, the ice cream man seemed uninterested as they approched. 

"What can I get you?" He said with a sigh as Matt began grinning. 

"Can I get a scoop of the cherry, no I mean the bubblegum ice cream please?" Matt asked in an excited tone as the man looked at Matt. 

"Cone or bowl kid?" The man said with another uninterested sigh. 

Kevin coughed softly beside Matt making him turn to look at him. "You might want to get a bowl, remember last time you got a cone?" 

"I won't drop it this time, that dog came out of nowhere and you know it!" Matt giggled as he turned his attention to the man in the cart. "I'll have a cone plea-"

"Bowl please," Kevin interrupted as he took a step forward. "And can I get a double scoop of mint in a bowl as well."

"Sure thing," The man answered quickly scooping the two frozen snacks. "That will be nine dollars and seventy-five cents. Kevin tossed a ten onto the counter and reached for the two bowls. "Keep the change friend," 

"Gee, thanks." The ice cream man sighed again as the two started off towards the nearby park. 

 "Can I have my ice cream Kevi! Please!" Matt bubbled as the two walked. 

Kevin shook his head no as they waited at a crosswalk. "Let's wait till we can sit down. You usually make a mess, and I don't want you licking the asphalt for whatever little bits your spoon decided to share with it." Matt's lips puffed up, and his eyebrows furled. 

"I don't share my food with the ground. Especially if it's ice cream! Gimmy gimmy!" Matt whined as he reached for the small bowl. 

"Just wait a second, it's going to be just fine till we get to the park bench Maddy." Kevin retorted, lifting the two bowls over his head. Matt pouted, but the flashing sign indicated the two could walk. 

Heading across the street, Matt rushed across and turned back to look at Kevin. He hands were trembling, and his face seemed lighter than normal. "Are you okay Kevi? You look kinda sick." 

"I'm fine, nothing's wrong, don't worry about it." Kevin responded in a defensive tone as he caught up to Matt. "Let's go sit at the park bench over there." Kevin pointed with one of the bowls towards a large grassy hill that had a small bench on it. 

"Okay!" Matt replied as he began running past the small wooden playground that a few children were playing on. The second he got to the park bench he turned around and looked at Kevin again.