Chapter 10 Redemption.

"Agh!" Smokescreen was laying down on the medical berth facing his back to Ratchet. He was taking off Smokescreens bandages and replacing it with new ones

"Could you be more gentle?" Smokescreen said with a little attitude in his tone.

"No need, this is the last time I will be adding new bandages."

"You mean-"

"Yes, Yes, But it will take another two earth weeks for it to be completely healed."

"Oh"

It was silent again between Ratchet and Smokescreen. The awkwardness made Smokescreen a little uncomfortable.

"Hey, Ratchet."

"Hm."

"Once I'm healed, You think Optimus will let me go on a mission? After..."

"That is up to him. If he sees you are ready, he will let you know."

Smokescreen replied with a "Hm" and stopped distracting Ratchet from continuing replacing the bandages.Which hurt him a lot.

2 weeks later...

Smokescreen POV:

Optimus assigned Arcee and I to fetch a relic that was located in Egypt. From their previous mission, they didn't find any omega keys. Instead, they found nothing but rocks.

When we arrived, Arcee took out her scanner and started scanning the place. The scanner ended us up inside an old temple that had many ancient writings on the wall. We kept walking deep into the temple where the nightlight from the outside starts fading away. Luckily, we had lights so we wouldn't get lost in the dark. Arcee and I got along well (so far). Arcee isn't so hard to get along with it. She's just too hard to talk to. As we closed into a dead end, the scanner started beeping nonstop and right in front of us we saw a picture of two humans holding a key.

"X mark the spot."

"Come on, help me move this," Arcee said. We both pulled the wall back and saw a key. "So this was the key that Optimus mention about." I thought. I grabbed the key and we started heading out.

"The ancient humans must have thought the omega keys were a gift from the gods."

"Well, They weren't wrong." She said.

Arcee POV:

"Well, They weren't wrong," I said. It's true. These relics came from the gods. Our gods, the Primes. But why send them here? Some questions can never be answered. I can see the exit, but there is someone waiting outside the temple.

"The relic....now."

No Ones' POV:

The others are still waiting on Arcee and Smokescreen's return. When the groundbridge opened, enter Arcee but without Smokescreen.

"Arcee...where-" Arcee didn't let Ratchet finish when she raised her hand up to stop. Arcee sat down and didn't say anything. The others waited until she was relaxed but Ratchet was too desperate.

"Please Arcee. What happened to Smokescreen?" Arcee let a sighed and tried to cooperate.

"Megatron....h-he killed Smokescreen with a Star saber." Ratchet and the others eyes were wide open.

"By the all spark That's impossible!"

"It's True! I saw him turn into dust and...and...Rose...what will she think." Ratchet put his hand on her back. "It's not your fault Arcee, there was nothing you could've done."

"Perhaps I'm the only who can retrieve the relic. But there is a chance I won't return."

"Optimus, bring the others with you." Ratchet insisted.

"No, I would not allow myself to put my comrades at risk. This battle is between me and Megatron. Smokescreen will forever be at peace with the All spark."

No One's POV:

"This is not what I expect the All spark to look like." Smokescreen told himself. He woke up in the darkness without any memories of what happened to him. Where ever he was, it was too dark for him to see anything. But what he didn't know he still had his Phase shifter on and was fully active.

"Is this really it? I can't be-DEEAAD!" Smokescreen has stumbled outside and was falling down and landed on the ground face first. "UGH! *cough* *cough*" Smokescreen got up and checked himself to see if he's still alive. "How long was I out?" he thought. The moon was shining tonight but the peaceful night was interrupted by the sounds of swords clashing against each other. Smokescreen saw Optimus fighting against Megatron. He noticed a key that was on the ground and picked it up. Optimus got hit by Megatron and brought him down on his knees and right when Megatron was about to strike- "Hey!" Megatron and Optimus looked around and saw Smokescreen. "You!" Megatron shouted in disbelief. Optimus couldn't believe he was still alive. Optimus took the chance and hit Megatron away from him and they both started fighting again.

"Smokescreen, fall back!"

Smokescreen didn't listen. Optimus hard kick send Megatron away from Optimus and Smokescreen. Just as the battle was about to end, Megatron quickly got up and swung a blast of energy at Optimus. Smokescreen quickly used his Phase shifter on Optimus and the blast went through them leaving Optimus and Smokescreen unharm.

"Ratchet requesting ground bridge!" The groundbridge opened and both Autobots started running towards it while Megatron threw another blast of energy at them but both Autobots escape leaving Megatron with his insanity.

At Base:

"Smokescreen?!" Bulkhead said.

"H-how?...I mean..I saw you." Arcee said in disbelief.

"Well, when Megatron blast me to oblivion, I got knocked out and then the next thing I knew I was outside. I guess when I hit impact the Phase shifter turned on by itself."

"What?!" Ratchet yelled while aiding Optimus. "Oh! I might've taken it while you weren't looking...If I didn't take it, I would've been turned into scrap and beside it grew on me...Sooooo Can I keep it?" Ratchet was mad that he took it without permission but he let it slide since it did save his life.

"Fine...Fine" Ratchet replied with a sigh. "Yes! my own signature weapon" Smokescreen stopped and notice a shattered sword in front of him. "You got yours. Optimus lost his." Bulkhead said.

"Optimus may have lost the power of the ancients in one day, but he is still a powerful leader with or without the power of the Primes." Ratchet said. Smokescreen looked at the broken sword. He completely forgot about the Star Saber Optimus was using. The energy was gone and now it's just a normal sword.

After this event, Optimus gave Smokescreen the opportunity to go on solo missions but this time by himself. He was allowed to go on patrol and leave the base as he wish but Ratchet was tracking his every move. Just in case.

No One's Pov:

The next day, Jack, Raf, and Rose walked out the school and started heading out. Miko, however, got detention. Rose saw Bumblebee and Arcee waiting in the parking lot. She smiled and waved at them. Just as Raf was about to leave, he gave Rose a hug and told her to be careful. She chuckled and returned the embrace. Raf let go of Rose and enter Bumblebee's alt mode and left. Rose started humming her favorite song and started heading home. When she was close to home, she suddenly felt a chill ran up her spine. She stopped and turned around and looked at a corner of a house. Nobody was there beside a group of children that were crossing the street to the opposite side. She shrugged it off and continued walking home. Without noticing, a red car slowly drives out the corner and left.