Unfamiliar Love

Remus looked up into the camera, the len's black and gray circles, "Hey, well, so, as you all know, our album, Unfamiliar Love, is being released today, January 11th. So," he took a breath, trying to remember the speech he had prepared in his mind, "yeah. It'll be well, pretty much wherever you can find music on."

He kind of wished Sirius, James, and Peter were with him. All three of them were busy working, and as today he took a day off to finish up the paperwork for the album, he was alone. "This is so much easier with everyone else, how do they do it?" he muttered.

At this point, Sirius would probably be complaining about how boring Moony was about this stuff, and would tell him to spice it up a bit. James would jump onto the camera with a smirk and find a much more fun way to rephrase everything Remus had just said, and Peter would insert a shitty pun that everyone groaned at. Sure, it was more productive with just Remus, but it was also kind of dull.

"But, yeah. It'll drop at approximately three. That's all, really. Moony says good luck and don't die," He said, and pressed the button. The ending they came up with sounded so much more awkward when it was just him.

He leaned back in the chair, looking around the mini recording studio that they made. His fingers were cold, partially due to the fact that the room wasn't insulated, but it was the largest closed off space in the house, so it worked. He  headed upstairs so he could relax on the couch near the fire, perhaps with a nice hot chocolate.

Remus grabbed his earbuds out of his pocket and checked the time. It was noon , so a couple more hours until the album dropped for the public. For now, he'd just wait until everyone got home.

~~~

The door opened, and Sirius, James, and Peter all walked inside at the same time. James was wearing an extremely bulky jacket, and looked kind of uncomfortable for some reason.

"Hey," Remus said, looking at them from the couch.

All three of them looked panicked and startled for some reason, like a group of deer in headlights. James shifted, and glanced from side to side. Sirius' eyes widened, having the 'internally panicking' expression written all over him. Peter muttered something to himself.

"Hey, Moony," Sirius trailed off with a slight chuckle, and smiled unnaturally. He leaned against the door into the basement, trying to look cool and natural, but his face looked like he was internally screaming.

They were definitely up to something, but Remus will let them get away with it for now. As long as it's legal and not going to get them killed they'll be fine. Remus has made it his New Year's Resolution to try not to parent the rest of the Marauders as much, no matter how much stupid shit they get in to.

"I'm going to go use the bathroom," James announced loudly, and headed into the kitchen, where the bathroom was.

"Okay," Remus questioned, raising an eyebrow. He cleared his throat, and carried on with what he was going to say. "Anyway, I dropped the album and—"

He was cut off. "You dropped the album without us?" Sirius yelled, throwing his hands up in the air.

"I thought we agreed to drop it at noon!" Remus responded, yelling back.

Peter frowned. "I thought we were dropping it tomorrow," he admitted. He had an almost heartbroken expression on his face, quite similar to the puppy-dog face Sirius gave him.