19.Over

Sydney P.O.V

I sat next to Greg on his bed and he was still sleeping at this point and I was waiting for him to wake up. He looked bad, one black eye, both legs broken but alive. Levi stood at the window, and thank God for him because he was my biggest help. His dad showed up and lied about being Greg's boyfriend so that I and Levi could stay up here.

"Have you heard from Leroy yet?" Levi asked me and I nodded.

"I called an hour ago, he said he was on his way," I replied looking at him.

"It's going to be alright," Levi said looking at me.

"Why do you think that?" I asked him with thinking first.

"Well, he's alive so things are going to be alright." He replied as the door flung open.

"Oh my god is he okay?" Leroy said walking into the room.

I stood looking at Leroy blocking him from Greg and he just looked at me, and his eyes were bleeding with guilt.

"Levi give us a moment," I said and he walked out closing the door behind himself.

Leroy pulled up the other chair and sat in front of me and grabbed Greg's hand holding it.

"I hate you," I whispered and Leroy looked at me shocked.

"I was at work and came as soon as I could, I'm sorry," Leroy said and I looked at him.

"You don't have to lie to me, I'm a big girl now and I understand life and lies. How long have you been cheating on him Beth's dad?" I asked him and the shocked looking on his face betrayed him.

"How do you know about that?" 

"We both walked in the house while you were fucking him, remember I was in the hospital and we came home and saw you. I haven't been to Chicago, but he lied and we went to a hotel for three days. Just because he didn't want to see you, and we come back and this happens. So if you can't tell your husband the truth, at least tell your daughter the truth." I said forcing back tears.

He stood walking around and he stopped looking at Greg, and while one of his eyes was swollen shut. He opened his other eye and little and Leroy just looked at him, standing at the foot of his bed.

"I was wrong for lying, and I was wrong for cheating, I'll take that and say sorry to the both of you. I should have been there when you need me Sydney, and I'm sorry for showing up late now. There's no way for me to say this but, I'm not in love with you anymore." He never looked at me the whole time, just Greg and I knew he looked back.

"I fell in love with you when I was 16 and, I have only been with you this whole time. When we got here it was like a change for me, My family wasn't around judging me, I didn't know anyone. It was like pressing the reset button with extra lives. I love our daughter and I always want to be in her life, but I don't want to be in yours anymore. I fell out of love with you, but you're still my best friend just not the love of my life anymore." Leroy said and I could feel the bed move making me look back at him.

"What's happening between the two of us shouldn't affect our relationship," Leroy said looking at me.

I didn't talk for a moment because his words hit me like a ton of brinks, and I can remember when I was told them. I had 15 husbands in the past and I remember Kenneth, leaving me for a different woman and kicking me out of my own house. Jerry sleeping with my sister,  Harold, Terrell,  Tyrone,  Alejandro, Sebastián, all cheated on me and told me something just like this. I lived for so long and never had a child before, never lived very long, and never loved very much till Levi. There had to be a reason why this is happening, why I fell in love for the first time, and Why I had Levi.

"Sydney," Leroy whispered to me making me look at him.

"I'm staying with Levi tonight," I said touching Greg's hand and he gave me a slight squeeze as I stood, and I gave him a soft kiss and he gave a weak smile.

Leroy walked out behind me and grabbed my shoulder stopping me.

"No, you're coming home with me." He said and I looked at him.

His phone rang and he just looked at me and after a moment, he let me go pick up the call and I walked away from him. I found Levi and his dad in the waiting room and Grabbed Levi, making sure I didn't look at his father.

"Can we go to your house now?" I asked him.

"Yeah, let's go." He talked to his dad, and we all walked out together and I held my breath not wanting to smell him and I looked down not wanting to see him.

His dad followed behind us on his bike and I just looked at the window thinking of what I was about to do. We made it to his house in no time and I was giving food, water and since it was about 3 A.M everyone fell asleep quick. I sat on the bed next to Levi, in his shirt and a pair of his basketball shorts. He snored, and he snored loud too but I just looked at how cute he is and that made me stand. I walked down the latter and followed the lights that were on until I was outside, and heard the music.

I walked around the house into the garage and looked at Levi, working on his bike. He was smoking a cigar and the loud music play and I walked into the light and he looked at me but I looked down.

"Can I help you, sweetheart?" He asked turning off the music and walking to me but I looked at his shoes.

"Can I talk to you?" I said taking a deep breath ready for what I was going to say to him.