24. Break Pt.1

Sydney P.O.V

The sun was slowly setting and the wind gave me chills, it was going to rain and I could smell it in the air. I looked at my phone with so many missed calls and text, that I still just ignored as I kept walking. In my head, my life was like an ocean that I wanted to drain from the world. I thought about my very first life, and how it to live before a phone was even a thing. When the light was just by fire when I had no idea how to spell or read, what life was before it turned into this. My life was different but then I was Kate, the first and last time I'll ever be a white girl, and he life changed everything. Was it destiny? It had to be and as I stopped and looked at the old house I smiled.

I didn't mean to come to Kates house but here I was here, and the two cars in front of the house told me my old parents are here. I walked to the front door and without thinking, I rang the doorbell.

"I'm coming!" My old mother said pulling the door open and looked at me.

"Oh, you're Levi's girlfriend, you know he's not here right?" SHe said and I just looked at her.

"I'm not looking for him, I wanted to talk to you and your husband," I said and she rolled her eyes and moved to the side.

"Listen here little girl I have a medium coming over soon so hurry it up." She said calling her husband.

Medium? Is that something she's into doing now, trying to contact the dead, it honestly was perfect for me.

"You know, I'm a medium as well," I said as she walked in and the look she gave me was interesting.

"Well if you want to do it for me, I'm not paying you a damn thing." She said falling down next to me." Just as her husband came down.

"Oh, how are you, sweetheart?" He said giving the warm smile that brought back amazing memories.

"Oh sit down, she's going to do the medium thing for use, call the other bitch and tell her not to come." She said and I closed my eyes.

It was amazing that my death or even her age didn't change her at all, still bitter and angry, still trying to destroy people. Honestly, she has no idea why I'm here, but she is making me do something I didn't even agree to do.

"Come one contact, my daughter." She said handing me a picture of Kate, one I hated taking. I was me with a white dress, and this boy Tyler my mom just loved, he's a politician now. 

She gave me a big smile, waiting for my talk and I just looked at her getting what I wanted to say.

"Hi mom," I said in a sad whisper, and she smiled in excitement.

"John come here!" She yelled and he came running in.

"It works she called my mom." She said and they both smiled at me.

"How are you two?" I said not know what to say.

"Oh baby we are doing fine, now tell me, do you regret anything from your life?" She said and it felt sick with her.

"The biggest regret I have is never telling you to fuck off," I said and she just looked at me.

"For trying to help you."

"No, you never wanted to help me you wanted to live your life tough me and I never wanted it. You were to fat to make the cheerleading team, so I only could eat once a day. I was forced to be a cheerleader for 5 years. I was forced to date guys I didn't like, one who would try and touch me, call me a bitch when I wasn't around."

"So because you thought you had a bad life you ran into the arms of a boy that was nothing and grew into a nothing ass man?"

"Levi is and was amazing to me, he never lied to me, cheated on me, made me stay a certain weight, he was never embarrassed by me, let me be myself, understood me and more than anything loved me. Something you never could do, and to make thing worst you took his son from him. I was all he had and the last gift I gave to him was my son and you took him. You are not only a bad person but, a bad mother, grandmother, and wife.

"Kate you don't speak for my husband."

"I don't have too, dad, don't you remember Chasley," I asked him and he had tears in his eyes and my mother looked at him.

"She moved back to Seattle, shortly after you died, and I couldn't leave your mother alone to deal with your death. I was to sick over losing you to even fight anything that happened, by the time she took Levi from Levi, I didn't know till he walked in." He said and my mother looked back at him.

"Say what you want about me, I loved you, and I always did and till this day I have been trying to speak with you." She said crying a little.

"I wasn't the best mother but damn it who is, I didn't what I thought was right to prevent you from having the life I did. You ate a lot, so before people could call you fat I stopped it, I never had friends and I wanted you to go to school and be happy so I put you with cheerleaders. I never had a boyfriend until I met your father, and I wanted you to be a normal respectful young lady. Maybe I fell short of the glory you wanted and didn't support all of your mistakes, but I did what I felt was right." She yelled at me.

I looked at both of them and the sad looking on both of there faces was nothing more than but I reminder. 

"I'm sorry," I said making them both look at me.

"I never listened to you, and you never listened to me but I love you. I forgive you for everything you did wrong and hope you can forgive me. I don't want you to ever stay up at night and think of what you did wrong, just think of all the things that turned out right." I said standing and they both followed me.

"Here," She said handing me a rain jacket.

"Thank you, Ms," I said letting them think Kate was gone.

"Thank You, Sydney, now him and I have to talk. Do you need a ride home dear?" She asked as I walked out the door.

"No," I said heading down the street in the light rain, feeling a little bit better.