7.L

Sydney P.O.V

I sat at the kitchen table drinking my homemade ice coffee, and thinking of last night. Its crazy that his name is Levi, I mean it was scary to think that maybe he was Kates son but he wasn't. He was cute, beautiful, sexy and the look he gave me last night had me crazy all night.

"Where have you been?" Leroy said walking into the house upset.

"Making friends building a social life," I replied and he gave me a deep frown.

"I have called you, texted and nothing in two nights." He said dropping his suitcase.

I looked at him noticing his clothes, belt hanging off of him, collar and shirt creased and one shoe untied. I looked back at his face and his expression had turned from mad to almost guilty.

"Where have you been?" I asked him looking back at the clock and it was 7:14.

"Are you just now coming home from work?" I asked him as the sound of slipper dragging on the floor came in my ears.

"Good morning," Greg said walking in and Leroy almost jumped.

"I'm tired, taking a bath and hitting the hay." He said as Greg walked to get coffee not noticing Leroy much.

"Morning dad," I said as he sat down.

"Good morning baby, how was the party last night?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Yes I saw you come in and change into the little dress of yours." He replied and I huffed.

"You are so amazing sometimes," I said and he smiled.

"We need to go shopping today,  we can't keep eating take out or living with boxes. Go get dressed so we can head to the mall and get some food in here." He said and I stood heading up the stair.

The sound of the shower was gone, making that a quick shower for about 5 minutes. I headed to my room and changed my clothes. I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep but I didn't care. I listened to the doorbell ring.

"Sydney!" Leroy yelled and I headed out of my room in simple shorts and Nirvana tee shirt. I loved them as Kate, and I still love them now.

I walked down the stair and looked at the front door with Beth and Levi standing in it next to my dad.

"Friends of yours?" Leroy said and I nodded.

"Well you know Beth," I replied and Beth looked at him.

"Yeah, you should be my dad too since you two are always together." She said and I didn't say anything about the awkward look on his face as he walked away.

"Hey, Beth, Levi," I said giving him a nod and he returned it with a smile.

"What are you doing today?" Levi said just as Greg came from around the corner with ready to go in shorts and a tee shirt.

"I guess dives dress alike." He said looked at me.

"Hey Greg," Beth said and he looked at her.

"Oh hey sweetheart, and who is this young man?" He said looking at Levi.

"Oh I'm Levi, I met Sydney last night at my girlfriend's party. I do have a girlfriend so y relationship with everyone is friends and nothing more." Levi said reaching his hand out.

"Alright, you're free to go," Greg said making me laugh.

"I and my dad are heading to the mall to find me cool collage stuff," I replied and they nodded.

"Can we tag along?" Beth said and I nodded not caring.

"Alright let's go the day is wasting away." He said pushing us out the door.

"Levi will sit up front," Beth said as I closed the door and that followed a huff.

I sat next to Beth as she talked about everything but I kept making eye contact with Levi in the mirror. I was crazy about those eyes and how they shined but Beth kept, calling my name to get my attention.

"So what are you all going to school for?" Greg asked.

"Well, believe it or not, I'm going for my nursing degree," Beth said first and I nodded already knowing that about her.

"What about you Levi?" Greg asked and Levi gave me a looking in the mirror.

"Graphic Design," He said.

"Why that?" I asked and he turned around looking at me.

"I'm a painter as well, maybe when my dad is gone you can stop by and see them." He said with a dreamy smile.

"Yeah, we all would love to see them," Beth said and Levi gave her a look as we pulled into the mall parking lot.

"Maybe wait till your dad is home, Levi," Greg said parking and we all stepped out.

I stepped out and still, Beth hasn't shut up and Greg could see how annoyed I was getting was the big mouth.

"Beth you come with me, your mother birthday is coming up help me find a gift. Will meet with you two later." Greg said grabbing her arm before she could say no.

"She's chatty today," I said watching them walk away and I looked back at Levi.

His eyes were glued to my legs and then slowly slid up to my eyes and I gave him a huff.

"Hey, the guy with the girlfriend who's kind of my friend, ready to help me find dorm room shit?" I asked and he laughed.

"Yeah, let's go." He said walking next to me and I wanted to say more to him but I didn't know what.

You live for as many years as I have had hundreds of boyfriends and 15 husbands you would think I would know. Levi was beautiful, one of the most amazing looking men in my whole life, and honestly I don't understand why. Why was I so attracted to him?

"I don't have a girlfriend." He said as we walked into the mall.

"Are you sure?" I asked him and he laughed.

"Stacy broke up with me almost at the being of the school year, we really didn't talk much and last night was our first time in months. I'm single and have been for a while now." He said and I smiled.

"Well how fun is single, I'm having a blast," I said and he laughed.

"By the way you look at me, I doubt that." He said walking past me and he set a fire of fun in my soul.

He reminded me of a better Levi then my old husband, like he was everything Levi was and more.