14.Time

Sydney P.O.V

I opened my eyes and looked around and saw nothing but white lights and the whispers of an argument. I looked around knowing it was Greg and Leroy, but I didn't look at them just listened.

"Her nose was bleeding to heavy for it to just be anxiety, she doing some kind of fucking drugs," Leroy said.

"She's not doing any drugs, we thought her better than that, and I would know if she was,"  Greg said back.

"You let her run wild and hey, you never know this boy may be doing it as well. You just open our house to this kid with a fucking broken home. You never know what he used as an escape and now she's doing it too." 

"Are you saying I'm a bad father? because I understand she's not a baby, and she is allowed to live her own life." Greg said angrily.

There was silence before the sound of Leroy getting a text broke it, there was still silence as I looked at the ceiling.

"I'm needed at work, call me when she wakes up." He said before the door closed.

There was just silence as I heard Greg walk around the room before he sat next to me and I turned looking at him. We made eye contact for a long moment before he grabbed my hand, and I held onto him tight.

"Is it drugs?" He whispered to me.

"No," I replied and he just looked at me.

"What's wrong then?"

"If I tell you will you believe me?" 

"Will it be the truth?"

"Yes."

"Then I'll believe you."

"My name is Chinwe, I was born in West Africa in the 1800s, the village king was selling his people to white men and I was one, On my trip to America my slave ship sank, and I drowned. I still know how it feels to drown, water filling my lungs and as I died everything went black and I woke up as a baby. I was somehow born again, into a different body in this country, far away from my last life. Before I became Sydney I was Kate, that was my first time ever being a white woman, and a rich kid. I meet Levi, married him and died giving birth to our son, Levi Jr. That boy I have been dating is my son from a different life, and his father is my husband, and those are my parents." I looked at Greg and he just looked at me.

"What drug are you doing?" He said and I sat up.

"Dad, it not drugs its the truth and the reason I reacted that why had to be because I saw my past life. I have never run into someone I once knew, let alone my whole family, and dating my past life son." I said to him and he sat forward some.

"Sydney, let say this is true, what are you then?" He asked and I huffed.

"I don't know," I replied.

"This isn't true," Greg said laughing at how crazy it sounds.

"If I see Levi's father again my nose will bleed and that is the proof," I said back to him.

"If he walks in and that happens again alright I believe you, but if it doesn't I'm getting you test for even more drugs. Deal?" He said and I nodded.

He stood walking out the room and I wasn't sure if it was going to happen again but I hoped so. I've cared about what I was but now I do, maybe I should have learned more about myself. I looked at the door open and Greg walks in, with Levi behind him.

"I'm sorry this happened young lady, my son is worried sick about you." He said with a warm smile.

"I can't believe it's you," I whispered and he gave me a funny look.

"No, its Levi's father you must still be sick." He said touching my forehead.

Just like the last time, my nose started to bleed slowly and when he looked at me he noticed.

"Nose is bleeding again, don't worry blood doesn't bother me." He said grabbing a gauze pad.

"I know, you used to work in a hospital cleaning bloody dirty clothes because no one else in town wanted to do it," I replied and he gave me a funny look.

"Levi tell you that." He said as the bleeding got heavier.

"Alright, Levi, this was nice but she needs to rest up some before we head home," Greg said grabbing his arm.

I can't believe this shit, he's beautiful and my heart wanted to shake at seeing him. I can remember being in love with him, the way he smelt, the way he talked, playing with his hair. I remembered all of that but the only face I could see was of Levi, my boyfriend.

"I believe you, Syd," Greg said walking into the room and we talked.

I told him everything, funny stories, how I died every time, and we googled everything. Looked around for everything, until we noticed the sun coming up. I was about 5:40 when the doctor walked in. He saw nothing wrong with me so I was free to go, and by 7:00 I was in the car headed home. Greg talked about everything letting it sink in and I looked at my dead phone.

"Are you still friends with Beth?" He asked me and I looked at her house as we pulled up.

"She got into a fight with Levi, and after that, she doesn't reply to me or talk to me anymore," I said and he nodded as we got out.

"Leroy's home," I said seeing his car.

We both walked in and I headed to my room to sleep, and Greg headed to this room to do the same. I stopped at my door when i heard deep grunts, and I looked at Greg. His bedroom door was creaked, and I his face was blank. I walked to him and he tried to block my view but I saw it, and I was so shocked I didn't move or talk. I watch Leroy on the bed having sex with another man, it was Beth's father. 

I reached for the door but Greg grabbed me and walked me down the stairs quietly and we stopped on the front steps. 

"Well spend the night at a hotel." He said and I nodded walking behind him.