21.Done

Levi P.O.V

I woke up early in the morning and Sydney wasn't there may be taking a shower but I just sat there. I looked around slowly walking downstairs and saw a letter on the fridge something my dad still did.

"Took Sydney to see her dad, and I'll be heading to the shop for the day. Don't use the car period!"

I just looked at the note when I heard loud music coming from the basement and headed that way. I looked at the clock in my dad's room as I passed it, 9:13 and honestly I wanted to go back to sleep. I pushed the door open and walked down the stairs stopping at the last one and looked at Ethan. He was looking at himself in the mirror in a nice suit and I laughed at him, he was vain, and that's why Beth shocked me. I'm going, to be honest, he's handsome, why and what did Beth do to get him. 

"Ethan!" I yelled and he looked back and turned off the music.

"What's good bro?" He asked turning to the mirror again and I sat on his bed.

"Don't you have work today?" I asked him and he sat net me with a big smile.

"Yeah at 1:00," He said just smiling at me.

"I'm not having sex with you," I said making him laugh.

"Please I would want you, I talked to Beth last night." He said in a dreamy voice.

"And I'm guessing things went well."

"It did..."

"I'm guessing you're going to tell me."

"She said she'll try an make it work."

He was so excited and for the grace of the lord, I couldn't see, why? Beth was fucking Beth. She has been in this town our whole lives, never dated a guy once. When she was in the 5th grade she decided she was a lesbian, and by 8th grade was dating a girl. She was always just like another guy to me, and I was just Beth! I wanted to ask him what he saw in her? How long has he liked her? and just why? He was still smiling like a dumb ass when my phone rang.

I stood walking upstairs and pulled out my phone just as it stopped ringing. I didn't know the number but maybe it was Sydney at the hospital. I called it back and it didn't ring once till someone picked up and didn't say anything.

"Hello," I said confused.

"It's me, Loran." She whispered.

"Hey, want to talk with Ethan?" I asked her.

"No, I need your help, I'm at the hospital and need a ride home." She said and I felt nervous.

"Is the baby okay?" I asked just as Ethan came up the stairs hearing me.

"Loran hang on a moment," I said putting the phone on mute.

"Why is she calling you?" Ethan asked.

"I don't know, she just called me saying she was at the hospital and needed help," I said making him tense up.

"Is my baby okay?" He said trying to grab my phone, but I pulled back and put it on speaker.

"Yeah sorry about that, what's wrong?" I asked her making sure Ethan shut the hell up.

"I took the bus here, and they said I couldn't take the bus home." She replied not telling me anything.

"Okay but that's not telling me anything Loran, what is wrong with you?" I asked and Ethan looked at me.

"I got an abortion and need help getting home." She said and I felt my heart drop from that and looking at Ethan it did the same for him.

"Okay, I'm coming," I said hanging up and Ethan looked at me.

"I'm coming too." He said walking out the front door in his nice suit still.

Sydney P.O.V

I looked around the tattoo parlor as Levi was signing papers for a shipment he got this morning. I looked at the shop, and I remember him talking to him every night about this place.

"Alright, I'm done." He said walking in with a heavy box and before he could look at me I looked down.

"Alright." I repiled not knowing where this was going.

I sat in one of the tattoo chairs and looked up and before I knew it he sat next to me and I glanced at him. 

"So how do we fix this Kate?" He asked me and I looked at him.

"I'm not Kate I'm Sydney, and I don't know how to fix this." He said looking up when I heard the needle come on.

"Want a tattoo?" He asked me and I huffed and nodded yes.

"Maybe I need to just die again," I said as the needle hit my skin.

"No, I don't want Levi to go through what I did when I lost you." He said making me want to look at him.

"Is there nothing we can do?" He asked me.

"Joanna,"

"Oh damn it I don't want to deal with her Kate," He huffed turning off the needle.

"She knew who I was, she called me Kate before she knew anything, and she has a book in her store that I think would help," I said standing.

I looked at my tattoo in the mirror and it was just a little heart with S+L in it. I looked back at Levi who just looked at me, and I smiled at him.

"Its hard to believe you are the woman I married." He said.

"Because technically I'm not," I replied and he stood walking to me.

"Let's go." He said grabbing his jacket.