11

The next morning, five eighth years nursed hangovers and felt 'actual, emotional pain' at the thought they had to go to classes later. Harry and Draco headed down to the great hall together in silence, neither one of them fully aware of their surroundings.

They joined Seamus and Dean at the very end of the eighth year table, closest to the door and furthest away from the rest of the students. For once, Draco felt lucky that nobody wanted to sit next to him so they all had space.

"Well if it isn't the happy couple that never returned," Dean smirked. "Sorry, we fell asleep," Draco muttered. Harry picked up a bit of baguette and stared at it intently. "I wonder who came up with the idea of bread. Do wizarding folks believe in God or do we have our own version on evolution?" He asked, putting the bread back.

"He's still a bit drunk. Mostly woozy hangover though," Draco chuckled. Hermione came in, sauntering towards them and rubbing her temples. "I have the worst hangover!" She groaned, plopping down.

"You do? Seamus growled. "You didn't even finish your third bottle! How do you think I feel? Harry's still a bit drunk for fucks sake!" Draco had started putting some bacon on Harry's plate, when Harry stopped him. "Come on Harry, you know you need to eat," he whispered. "I'm... Uh.... Going vegan." Harry muttered. Draco rolled his eyes and put some toast on his plate instead, but keeping the bacon to the side.

Draco started to get his own breakfast when Pansy Parkinson stomped over, red in the face. "Draco Malfoy! I can't believe you! First you start hanging out with these Gryffin-dorks, then you don't ask me to the party and never show up and now you have hickeys all down your fucking neck and they sure as hell weren't made by me!" She screeched, making them all groan and rub their heads.

"That's because we aren't together, Pansy. We never were. And I'm already a lot happier with these friends than I ever was with you, you ugly bitch!" Draco sneered, and she slapped him clean across the face.

Harry leapt up and let out a throaty, animal growl but Draco held up his hand, making Harry sit down again, but still glaring. "Oh look Malfoy. Got yourself a boyfriend!" She cackled. "Something that you'll never have." Harry retorted, and she stomped away.

"Uh... Harry?" Hermione said. "What?" He snapped. He couldn't be bothered to put up with another lecture about how he needed to eat more. "You growled Harry. As in, an animal growl!" Harry thought back for a moment, and realised that he had done exactly that!

"Hangover effects? I did drink probably more than all of you combined," he chuckled awkwardly. Harry got a few feeble nods but Hermione still stared at him suspiciously. "So, anyone going to say anything about the hickeys, or..." Dean smirked. "I completed my dare," Harry shrugged lightly, whilst Draco pulled up his collar. He pulled out his wand, about to cast a glamour when Harry stopped him.

"Na ah! Everyone needs to know you belong to me. Or, at least, that you aren't available to anybody else!" He smirked. "You know you can't tell anybody about who actually gave you those. You'd out us all and you know the laws." Seamus said seriously.

At once, all of Harry's worries we're back in his head again. "POST!" A third year boy suddenly shouted and all the eighth years nursed their heads again, braving themselves for the screeching of the owls. "Hangovers are the worst," Seamus complained as the owls flew overhead. "I don't really mind them." Harry shrugged as a letter fell onto his plate.

It suddenly flew up again. It was a ministry letter. The wax seal opened like a mouth and words started tumbling out, directed towards Harry. 'Dear Mr Potter. We, at the ministry, have been given an anonymous tip that you may be under the curse of the homosexuals. We would like to invite you into the Department of Mysteries on the 21st of December for a trial. We look forward to seeing you, Leonara Pulse, department of control of the cursed and disgraced."