19

Harry's heart stopped and his insides froze as if he had already been wheeled to Azkaban, surrounded by dementors. "Oh, sure! Just take the Harry Potter to Azkaban as a way to say thank you for winning the war!" Amos Diggory shouted from beside Leonara. "My son may be gone, but Harry here did his best to save all of your lives, and your children! Cedric wouldn't have wanted Harry's ending like this."

A few witches and wizards muttered around Diggory and a few just rolled their eyes. Suddenly Harry spotted a bright pink bow sticking out from the crowd of blacks and greys and matched it up to a face that extremely resembled a toads. "You!" Harry shouted. "How are you even here? You should be in Azkaban!"

Attention was drawn back to Harry and they looked over at who he was talking to. Umbridge sat there and smiled innocently. "But for what, Mr Potter?" She giggled. "Child abuse! This woman, while she had the role of Defence against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts, made me and multiple other students write with some strange quill that physically wrote with our blood, carving wounds in our hands!"

There were many confused and outraged faces directed towards Umbridge, but she just stayed sat there, smiling. "And what proof do you have of this Mr Potter? None. And let us not forget that you broke into the Ministry a while back, pretending to be a different person by use of the polyjuice potion and assaulted me in this very courtroom!"

"You had a piece of Voldemort's soul dangling around your neck if we hadn't come then-"
"YOU ARE SPEAKING OUT OF BOUNDS POTTER!" Fudge roared and the room went dead silent. "You are going to Azkaban and you are going to rot in there-"

"I, too, don't think that Mr Harry Potter should go to Azkaban!" A squeaky voiced woman with long blonde hair and a mousy face cried. "Send him a mind healer!" One by one, most of Fudge's employees were stood, rebelling against his desicion. Harry grinned smugly up at the minister as he felt his heart rate start to increase.

"Fine, Potter. I will let you walk free with a mind healer- but mark my words! This does not change a thing about the laws and so long as I am in power, they never will change!" Fudge grunted and stormed away. Harry grinned as a few workers came down to shake his hand. "I thought that you guys think that I was contagious?" Harry questioned. "Oh, no, most of us don't believe that anymore, we all agree with everything you said!" The same mousy looking woman squeaked. "Oh, well thank you... Uh-"

"Wren Wreckland!" She smiled, as Harry shook her hand. "Is it true about Dolores Umbridge and what she did?" Harry nodded and held out his hand which bore the scar 'I must not tell lies'. Harry spotted Umbridge glaring down at him, still sitting in her seat in the stands. "That's just monsterous!" Wreckland gasped. "Thank you for sticking up for me. All of you!" Harry smiled and shook a few more hands before walking out.

Harry and Draco met by the fountain, which had been restored to its original state of a witch, wizard, house elf, goblin and centaur. The boys had to resist the temptation to just grab each other for a kiss, or even just a hug!

The news of Harry's trial and his confession had spread around like wildfire and witches and wizards all swarmed around him once a short, stumpy wizard in deep crimson robes called out "It's Harry Potter!"

Harry had expected people to curse him, to shoot spells at him or scream in his face, but instead they all thanked him and attempted to shake his hand until he had no space left to breathe. "Please, a little space!" He managed to squeak out as his anxiety rose, but nobody heard him. "Excuse me," he said a little louder, trying to push through the crowd. "Please, let me through." He said a little louder and looked up, to see warm, mercury eyes catch his panicked emerald green ones.

"Give the boy some air! Go on, move!" Draco shouted, his voice pumping with authority, and, quite afraid, the crowd dispersed quite quickly. "Thank you- can we- air, please?" Harry whimpered, trying his hardest not to just curl into Draco's side.