20

After Petunia left, Harry and Draco stayed seated in the living room of 12 Grimmauld Place sharing a warm embrace, whilst Sirius got ready for his trial. Soon enough, he came in dressed in a nice suit with his hair combed and beard tamed. "Ready Harry?" Sirius asked, nerves forcing his voice to quiver. "No. Are you?" Harry asked, looking up. "No. But it will be fine, I have you and your parents backing me up, I think we'll be okay."

"Master Harry! What is it Kreacher can do for you today? Some roast chicken? Steak and kidney pie? Catch any thieves?" The small, old house elf smiled, following Sirius into the room and bowing down to Harry. "Just take care of Sirius, yeah? When he gets back?" Harry smiled. "Of course, master Harry Potter, an honour it is! I is wondering where Dobby is being? Kreacher has not heard from Dobby in a while and Dobby is being Kreacher's friend," Kreacher said cautiously, and Harry felt his stomach drop and his heart break a little at the question. "Dobby's gone, Kreacher. He isn't coming back." Draco said softly, pulling Harry a little bit closer to him and raking a hand through his hair.

"Oh," Kreacher said simply, eyes widening and ears drooping. "Dobby always spoke of how highly Master Draco spoke of Master Harry Potter when he is still working for the Malfoy family!" Draco blushed at this and Sirius smirked. "We should be off now boys- don't want to be late to my own trial!" He chuckled and headed towards the fireplace. "Oh, Sirius!" Harry called suddenly and his godfather took a couple steps back so Harry could whisper, "Remus told me he loved you too. You meant the world to him. Thinking about it now, I feel kind of selfish. He had to hold me back from following you through the archway with the veil, when all he probably wanted to do was the same, I'm so stupid, I didn't even think about how bad it may have affected him and now look, I'm making it about myself again, I should just- everybody would be better off- I'm sor-"

"Harry!" Harry was rattled out of his train of thoughts by Sirius shouting at him. "It was my fault you died," Harry whispered, involuntary tears escaping his eyes. "I'm not dead, Harry." Sirius smiled warmly and Harry nodded numbly.

"Hey, don't cry. When you cry I can't see your beautiful eyes," Draco whispered, removing Harry's glasses and wiping his tears. "Come on, else we're going to be late." Harry sniffled once more and then stepped into the large fireplace. "It's the first time he's shown thoughts like that in a while," he heard Draco murmur to Sirius. "Maybe it was the run-in with the Dursley's? Or having to deal with two trials in one day?" Sirius said quietly back to Draco. "I'm fine, now let's go, Ministry of Magic!" Harry shouted and felt that horrible lurch in the bottom of his stomach as he zoomed through the fireplaces.

He stepped out of a ministry fireplace just as Draco came whizzing down followed shortly by Sirius. They both looked worriedly at Harry who had began to walk and was no sooner bombarded by witches and wizards. "Foul, unnatural boy! You should have been locked up!" A witch with dark violet robes snapped at him. "Be careful or I might just kiss a boy in front of your children!" Harry said sarcastically and chuckled as the witch squealed and fled.

Harry, Draco and Sirius pushed through the crowd and down to the department of mysteries and into a trial room. It was the same room where the Lestranges had been ordered to Azkaban and Harry had narrowly escaped expulsion from Hogwarts in his fifth year.

When they entered, the whole room was a series of sneaky glances and whispered conversations. It seemed like the entire wizengamot was there, as well as all the witches and wizards who came to watch. Harry saw Ron, Hermione and the rest of the Weasley's sat next to the ghosts of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Draco left with a smile at Harry and sat with his mother, Narcissa Malfoy.

Harry's eyes found his parents and he grinned, quickly wiping his eyes and heading over to sit with them by Sirius's seat, where the chains had bound around his wrists and ankles when he sat. A lot of the court were looking at the Potters, some even wiping a few stray tears. "Lily and James Potter's sacrifices will never be forgotten!" A witch called, bouncing in her seat in excitement of seeing the couple. "And yet you raised your hand for our son to be put in Azkaban! You're thanking us when Harry is the one who saved your god damn world and you wanted to shut him away for something that is a part of who he is! Shame on you." James spat and the room went silent as the witch stilled and her face flushed.