15

Harry and Draco spent the rest of their day inside the fort, not wanting to go to any lessons after the episode with Barton. Harry found it more embarrassing than anything, anyone would expect the boy who lived to not react in such pain he did.

"He's just sort of confirmed my beliefs about where his league was with Voldemort. He definitely was not under any curse after what we've seen him do to his own students." Draco had explained when Harry brought the subject up.

"We should've gone back, just to make sure he didn't do that to anybody else," Harry said quietly. "Harry, you don't need to be there to save the day every time. There are loads of people in there who are capable of fighting back!" Draco argued.

"I know, but I have friends in there and I just left them for the worse! They should hate me." Harry muttered quietly, suddenly finding the pattern on the pillows very interesting. "You have to stop doing that! Nobody is going to hate you, you just had the cruciatus curse performed on you, if anything they'll feel sympathetic. You've already defeated the Dark Lord and now you have one of his followers as a professor- not that people know that."

The boys headed back to the common room after having a small, early dinner together in the fort. "Honestly, I didn't know anybody could slurp spaghetti so loud," Draco teased, smirking at his blushing boyfriend. "Yeah, well at least I AM eating," muttered Harry. "And I'm proud of you." Draco grinned.

"Hufflepuff." Harry chuckled, nudging into the side of Draco as they made their way through the portrait and into the eighth year common room. They headed towards where Ron and Hermione were sat, cuddled up and playing a game of wizards chess. It was obvious that Hermione was losing and Ron was trying hard not to rub it in her face.

Harry winced as a knight was knocked down and smashed into pieces, and he shuffled closer to Draco who raised an eyebrow at him. "Harry! Where have you been all day, we were really worried when we couldn't find you, or Malfoy- we thought he had done something to you!"

"He did," Harry smiled. "He convinced me that he was telling the truth. Draco really was under the imperius curse."

"You didn't need a whole lot of convincing, we just had to build a fort together!" Draco laughed, then realized he had said that in front of other people and stopped chuckling immediately. Ron and Hermione just blinked at them, completely confused. "You really forgive too easy Harry." Hermione said, smiling slightly. "One thing I learned from the war, is that life's too short to hold a grudge. I think Draco realised that too and that's why he apologised to me on the train." Harry nodded and Draco blushed- Harry was exposing his nice side to everybody!

"Does this mean that you two are... together?" Ron said, clear unhappiness in his voice as he whispered so that nobody else could hear. "Yes, and if you are going to be a complete dick about it Weasel, then you can go and pack your bags and shove your homophobic thoughts right up your arse, because to be quite frank with you, I don't have time for that shit." Draco snarled and Ron held up his hands in surrender.

"So what was this about building a fort?" Hermione giggled.

The next day, Harry headed down to breakfast early and by himself, leaving a sleeping Draco behind. He sat by himself in the pretty much empty hall, picking up some fruit. Harry had preferred to go by himself at breakfast when hardly anybody was there, because that is when he had to take his potions.

Just as he thought this, Madame Pomfrey came in and headed straight for him. "Glad to see you're eating Mr Potter," she smiled and gave Harry all his daily potions. He swallowed the disgusting ones first, just like he always did and gulped the decent ones last.

"How long have you been having to do that?" A voice said and Harry looked up to see Draco. "Uh, every morning for a couple of weeks. They're working, that's why I'm a bit better now." Harry nodded and Draco sat down. "I'm going to Hogsmeade today. Want to come with me?" He asked, pouring himself a glass of apple juice.