Prologue

"Your honor, I was not given my Miranda Rights before being forced to answer questions."

"Is this true?" the Judge said, turning his body towards the officer sitting at the witness stand.

The officer, who I believe goes by Kurt, hung his head low in disappointment. "Yes, Your honor. It is true. But you've got to understand. We've been looking for this guy for years. The excitement I felt after arresting him caused me to forget to give him his rights. The only thing on my mind was getting him behind bars."

"Well, you've obviously failed at that. I hate to say this, but Jacob Perez you're free to go." The Judge slammed his gravel and stood up at once, along with everyone else.

I looked over at Jacob and I could see a smirk forming on his face as he ran his fingers through his black, curly hair. Oh, how attractive he looked.

The court room began to empty out. The Judge was gone from his stand, the officer was walking out in his dismay, the jury was gone the minute the trial was over and the on lookers, like me, were slowly leaving.

I sat in my seat looking around. Everything in this courtroom was so familiar. We're here at least once every six months and each time, Jacob is set free. I don't know how he does it, but he manages to find something to use to get himself off the hook. Maybe it's his lawyer. I've never thought to ask.

Everything here was made of wood. Wooden gravel, wooden benches, wooden tables, wooden chairs. With so much wood, they'd have to at least try to keep things spiffy in here. And if I must say, they've done a good job at it. The woods are unique-there are different colors.

You've got the judges stand at the very front of the court room and the witness stand right next to it. Both of those are cherry brown. A few feet in front of the stands are the tables in which the defendant, the prosecutor and its lawyers sit. Both of those are a sort of yellowish. To the right of the tables is the jury's stand. Its color is yellow. Lastly, you've got the benches where the on lookers sit. Those are brown.

The walls are typically painted white and there's no type of AC here. The only source of cool air we get comes from three places. 1) The small brown, wooden ceiling fan that dangles above us. 2) A cracked window. 3) Folding a piece of paper & using it as a mobile fan. I honestly don't understand why there isn't any air. Sometimes I think it's a punishment, but why punish someone who's probably about to go to jail? Isn't that enough punishment already? And what about the judge, witness, jury and on lookers? They didn't do anything. Why must they suffer from the severe heat?

As I sat watching Jacob and his lawyer talk, I could feel my hair sweating out. Reason number five why I can't stand being in these damn court rooms. I spend too much time straightening my hair for it to sweat out this easily. Jacob is an acception though, if you're catching my drift.

Jacob ended his conversation and began walking towards me. From the look on his face, I knew what was on his mind. Sex.

He bit his lip and squinted his eyes in a sexy manner. Off went his black suit jacket. Not because he was hot, but because he was trying to turn me on and that my friends, is something he didn't have to work hard at. Everything he did turned me on. He could say "hello" and I would feel myself getting wet down low.

I've known Jacob since I was twelve. I'm twenty-five now. Let me tell you, he has gone through a drastic change.

When we were kids, he was sort of a nerd. But to me he was a cute nerd. He was talked about a lot and his dad wasn't in his life. He had three friends but you wouldn't be able to tell by just looking at the four of em. You see, Craig is from Philly and he's always down there visiting. Chresanto and Rayan were the closet, so of course they're always off doing their own thing together. So really, Jacob was alone when it came to friends, until he met me. You'd be surprised at his background story. Believe it or not, he was a model. Not a model, model, but a commercial and music video model. I thought that was adorable.