34

34.

"This is that small party that he was talking about?" I asked once we reached the porch. There were cars parked everywhere and I could hear the loud music through the closed door; the porch was thumping along with the beat.

"For Derek, this probably is a small party." Zayn said, opening the door. They were playing some remixed version of some Rihanna song and the teenagers were going wild. Zayn took my hand in his before we walked through the dancers to find a place to sit since neither of us wanted to dance yet. "Nikki, don't let me get drunk, okay? I'll do the same for you."

"Okay." I replied as I saw Derek approaching us. "Hey."

"Hey guys. Glad you could make it." he stated.

"Thanks for the invite." Zayn responded before he walked away. We found a couch to sit on and I crossed my legs. "Babe, is that Liam over there?"

I sat up more and looked around to see what he was talking about until I saw some boy who looked just like Liam Payne. He had the same beard, same muscles, same birthmark on his neck, but he was chugging a beer. "Uh...that's weird..." I furrowed my eyebrows at him. First, I wouldn't have even expected him to come here. And second, why is he drinking like that? Danielle or Andy is probably his designated driver so I guess he's fine. Then I saw Danielle taking shots and Andy was really feeling the music. Either he was drunk too or he's just weird.

I didn't do anything, though. Liam's a big boy. I'll just make sure he doesn't drive.

"You wanna dance now?" Zayn asked me after a while. I nodded and said yes.

"I'm not really that great at dancing." I told him.

"Are you kidding? I saw you at your party last week and you were really getting down." he answered.

"That was when I was drunk. I don't know how to do that now." I laughed.

It didn't take long for me to get comfortable on the dance floor if that makes any sense. They were playing this dubstep song that put everyone in a good mood. The mood was contagious because Zayn and I caught of fast on how to dance. I felt his hands on my waist as my booty moved to the beat of the song. It was weird, like my butt had a mind of its own. I've never danced like that before.

I pushed my hair out of my face as my hips started grinding. "You're good at this." Zayn whispered in my ear.

I looked up at him and giggled. "So are you. This is fun." His hands slid down to my butt as I twerked and danced.

"I'm going to get a drink, it's getting a little hot. You want one?"

"Water, please."

Zayn disappeared into the crowd as I sat back down on the couch. "Nikki?" I heard beside me. Liam was sitting there all drunk and out of it. I didn't recognize him holding a beer. "Hey, Nick." he threw an arm over my shoulder.

"Liam, are you drunk?" I asked.

"Psh." he chuckled. "Yeah. I've had a couple." he rested his head on my shoulder. "Don't tell my mom. Okay?"

"Okay." I said. "Who drove you?"

"Danielle." he answered, playing with my hair a little bit, then sniffing it. "Your hair smells like cereal. Fruity."

"Liam." I pulled my hair away as he tried to eat it. I laughed a little bit.

He looked at my outfit. "Look at you, dressin' like a little s-slut." Liam burped and rested his head on my shoulder. "Does your mother know you're dressed like that young lady?" he wiggled a finger at me and then poked my cheek.