51

epilogue. prepare yourself for a long heck of a chapter.

[ 2017 ]

"Bye, Samantha." I hugged my friend of four years before pulling away, looking at her. "I couldn't have asked for a better college best friend for the passed four years. You've made my college experience much more bearable." I met her on the third day of college and ever since, we've been close friends. She was like my Liam of college since I didn't get to see him often but it girl form. I was wearing a pair of jean shorts, a red long sleeved top, black converse, and my hair in a saggy high ponytail.

"Me either and same. God, I'm going to miss you Nikki." she sighed, running her hands through her blonde hair. "I might start crying."

"No, because if you do, I will." I hugged her again. I just graduated college after four amazing years, making new friends and learning new things. "I'll see you later, Sam. We're meeting up for your birthday. That's a promise."

"Definitely. I'll see you then."

In the car back home, I heard my phone ringing loudly to some Beyoncé song. I picked it up and glanced at the called ID to see it was Liam, whom I hadn't spoken to since my graduation a couple of days ago. He couldn't make it since he had classes and a lot of studying to do. "Hey, Liam! Long time, no talk! What's up?"

"Just even more studying for finals. I needed a break so I decided to call my BFF. But Andy didn't answer so I just called you instead." he laughed.

"Shut up, Liam." I chuckled.

"So what's up, babe?"

"I'm driving home. I can't believe I'm done with college and have to start being an adult! Hah, you're still a child." I told him. "How're you and Sophia?" After the prom, Liam and Sophia started dating until the summer after their first year of college. Then they got back together the next year around the same time. I could tell that they were really into each other and it was true love but they weren't good at expressing it. I wasn't sure if they were still dating or not; they were always on and off.

"We're still together. Quite happy at the moment. What about you and Zayn?"

I sighed and hesitated with my answer. "Uh, I - I really don't - I think we're over." I said quietly. We were happy at first, then the trust between us sort of faltered. There would always be some sort of rumor between some girl and Zayn. And then he'd accuse me of cheating or some mess. It was all just messy and hectic. I loved him. So, so much. I just didn't know if the long distance worked between us and we both needed to move on. Being away from him was a test for our relationship and we failed. I hadn't spoken to him in about a month or more and we left on bad terms.

"Oh no. You still didn't work things out, Nikki?" Liam had grown to love Zayn with me. I didn't know when it happened but I knew that they liked each other enough to talk when I wasn't around.

"No...I think this is where Zikki ends, I haven't spoke to him in a while. It's not like we broke up or anything, we just left off terribly and haven't talked since. We should talk about that soon. Whatever, though, I'll get over him eventually." I felt my eyes tearing up but I sucked it up like a man. I wouldn't get over him for a really long time. We've been together more than four years. "Somehow."

"Aw, babe, I'm giving you an air hug." Liam stated.

"I don't need it. I can handle it." I shrugged, focusing on the road. I wiped a tear away and laughed lightly. "I don't like talking about sad things, let's talk graduations! Parties! Reuniting with old high school friends! I'm excited." I hadn't seen Colten in a long while. Or Harry, Louis, Perrie, Dan, Sandy, Eleanor, and Andy.