Messy Life

That night Jessica laid in bed softly caressing her belly. She had tried getting to sleep but the baby was being very active, so she sat up and waited for her to calm down.

"You need to go to sleep, baby girl.  Mommy's tired."

The baby kicks harder making Jessica's face scrunch in pain. "Ow!  Oh Alessia, you are going to be a little wild one, aren't you?  So far none of your brothers or sister were very crazy.  I think you'll be my first!" Jessica speaks to her belly just before her phone buzzes.

Are you still awake?

Jessica sighed and replied.

Yes.

Her phone then rang.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey."

"How was your date?"

"It went well."

"Oh.. well that's good."

"Yeah.. what are you doing?"

"Just laying down. I can't sleep."

"You feel okay?"

"Yeah, the baby's just up so that means no sleep for me until she calms down."

"Oh.  I'm sorry."

"It's okay.  I'm kinda hungry too but I don't feel like making anything." Jessica pouts just as she hears her doorbell.

"It's eleven at night, who's here?!"

"Someone's there?"

"Yeah."

"Well be careful!"

"Should I just let them leave?" Jessica asks as the bell rings once again.

"Ugh!  Never mind, let me just open it."

"Carful, it could be a serial killer!"

"Daniel!" She shouts.

"Shh!  Don't let them hear you!"

"I'm scared!" She whines.

"It's okay, Jess."

Jessica walks down and grabs her umbrella to use as a weapon.  With Danny still on the phone she slowly opens the door.

Jessica gasps and shouts, "DANIEL!"

Danny laughs. "Planning on doing some serious damage with that thing, huh?" He says pointing to her umbrella.

"You scared me!"

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay. *Gasp* You have pizza!"

"Our special." He smiles and holds the box up.

"Aw!" Jessica smiles before covering her mouth.

"Are you crying?"

Jessica nods her head as tears roll down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying?"

"I.. I'm just so hungry!" She sobs.

"Well don't cry!  I've come to save the day!" He smiles and gives her a hug.

"Thank you."

"No problem.  Sit down and I'll get us something to drink."