Your mommy's eyes

As Jessica kissed Sarah's lips, Sarah woke from her nap.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay.  It was a nice way to wake up." Sarah smiles.

Jessica giggles then looks towards the door.

"Danny!" She smiles.

"Hey.. Sorry to interrupt.  I uh.. I'll just come back."

"No!  No, No!  Come in.."

Sarah sits up then says, "I'm gonna grab some coffee.  Anybody need anything?"

"I'm okay, honey." Jessica smiles softly.

"I'm good, thanks." Danny says.

Sarah nods then leaves the room.

"Well.. Congratulations." Danny says.

"Danny, I wanted to tell you! I didn't want you to find out this way."

"It's okay, Jess.  You don't owe me anything.."

Jessica's eyes fill with tears. "Danny.."

"It's okay.  I'm just glad you're okay and that you're happy.  That's all I want."

"Thank you.."

"When are you going to be able to go home?"

"Tomorrow."

"That's good.  Well uh.. I'm gonna go pick Alessia up."

"Oh yes!  Sarah's sister said she wasn't eating.  She doesn't care for the formula she bought.  There's breast milk in the freezer at home.  Call me if she still doesn't take the bottle."

"I will."

"How's your uncle?"

"He had a stroke but he'll pull through."

"Oh that's good!"

"Yeah.. Well, I'll see you tomorrow.."

"Danny?"

"Yeah?"

"The flowers?"

"Oh yeah.. these are for you."

"They're beautiful." Jessica smiles. "Thank you, Danny."

"It's no problem.." He chuckles softly. "I'll see ya."

"Bye.."

Jessica watched Danny walk out the door as tears filled her eyes.
Soon Sarah came back so she quickly wiped her cheeks and smiled.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah. *Nods* Everything's perfect.

**

Danny's POV.

As he drove to Rebecca's house tears slowly rolled down his cheeks.  It was all over.  Danny now wished he could go back to when Jessica confessed her love for him.  Instead of steering her in Sarah's direction, he would accept her love and begin their life together. Of course that wasn't possible. He now had to accept the fact that he and Jessica would never be together.

Danny knocked and Rebecca opened the door.

"Hello." Danny says but Rebecca doesn't respond.

"Danny! Mommy's in the hospital!" Addelyn runs to him and hugs him tightly.

"I know, and I just saw her. She looks great!" He smiles.

"We wanna see her!" Nathaniel says.

"Soon, bud."

Dylan stumbles over with a smile on his face.
"Dan! Dan!" He exclaims.

"Hey buddy!" Danny smiles and bends forward to pick him up.

Rebecca swoops in and yanks Dylan away making him scream.

"Your daughter is on the couch ready to leave."

Danny looked at her before walking over to the very unhappy little baby.

"She wasn't happy, Danny." Addelyn says sitting beside her sister.

"Aw, poor Princess!" Danny picks her up and kisses her cheek.

"She didn't want the bottle. It's the same thing, she's just being bratty." Rebecca says.

"Jesus, she's a baby!" Danny says.

"Aunt Becca, she's only two weeks old, she missed her mommy and daddy." Addelyn says with sadness in her voice.

Rebecca sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Come on, Alessia. Daddy's here now. I'll see you kids soon."

"I wanna go with Danny!" Nathaniel says.

"Yeah, me too!" Addelyn adds.

"Dan! Dan!" Dylan kicks his legs.

Danny suddenly felt a lump in his throat. In the past few months he has grown extremely close to these children. He knew it would never be the way it was. Now that Jessica and Sarah were back together, Danny would have to stay at his place. Taking the kids places and staying up with Alessia all night. Those were the things he was going to miss more than anything.

**

"It's just you and I tonight, Lessi.." Danny says feeding the baby her bottle.

"You're taking the bottle like a big girl!  I guess cause you were starving, huh, baby?  My poor princess." Danny pouts and kisses her forehead.

He then takes a deep breath and says, "Things are going to change, Alessia.. I promise to be around as much as I can.. but there will be times that I'm not.  I know you're still little and need to be with mommy.. that means no nighttime cuddles or good morning kisses.. but I promise to be with you as much as possible, okay, beautiful?"

The baby hums while she eats and looks up into her father's eyes.  Danny smiles softly and says, "Are you trying to smile at me, Princess? Heh....
You have your Mommy's eyes, Alessia.  They're so beautiful..You can't help but get lost in them."