Chapter 17

Brandon's P.O.V.

I swerve into my driveway, coming to a slow stop. I take of my helmet and hop off my beauty. I see that Lily has already taken hers off, so I help her out of my bike. I offer her my hand, and she gladly takes it. She gets off and looks up at me. Did I get taller? I'm pretty sure I was shorter than her. The magic of puberty. We hold our gaze for a little longer than normal, and I realize we are still holding hands, so I quickly let go. I feel my face getting hot and I realize that I'm blushing. Luckily, Mikey pulls up to my driveway, so Lily and I go get my stuff from his trunk. Mikey opens the trunk, and I take two bags, Lily one. We walk to my house, and I open my front door. I reach for my bags, trying to touch her hands again, but I'm too nervous, so I just take the bag.

"Lily thanks so much. Really you saved my life. Tell Mikey I owe him one okay?" I say.

"Yeah no problem Brandon. What are friends for?" What are friends for? Friends. She said it in the plural sense. I have more than one friend? I snap back to reality. I see that Lily is about to turn around and leave, so out of impulse, I call her name. "Lily."

"Yeah Brandon?" What do I say now? I called her name because I didn't want her to leave quite yet. "Umm...can I have your number?" I ask sheepishly. She gives me a baffled expression so I add, "Ya know like if I need help in AP Chem I could text you..."

"Yeah sure. Can I see your phone?" I unlock my iPhone and give it to her. She puts in her number and gives it back to me. "Yeah if you need help in AP Chem don't hesitate to text me. Or anything else to be honest. If you want to talk, I'd love to anytime. Bye Brandon see you tomorrow." She motions for a hug, but I'm there frozen. She would want to text me just to talk? Not for a sole purpose, but just to chat?

She playfully hits my arm. "After all I do for you Brandon, you won't give me a hug?" She feigns like if she's hurt. I come back to reality.

"Sorry Lily." I hug her, and I don't want to ever let go. I guess she feels the same because she doesn't try to pull away. She smells perfume, but the good kind, not the cheap. And her hair is so soft, so straight and black. She starts to pull away, and so do I. I put my hand in my pocket, using my left arm to lean onto my doorway. "So I can text you for anything?" I want to make sure I heard right.

"Anything," she smiles. "Bye Brandon. See you tomorrow." She leaves, with Mikey and her waving bye while they leave my driveway. I return the gesture with my hand that was a few seconds ago leaning onto the doorway.

I take my bags and shut the door with my foot. I climb up the stairs into my room and dump my stuff, bathing in the beauty of all the equipment I bought. I hear a soft knock on the door. I scream, "Come in," because who else could it be? It's only me and my dad who live in this house. My mom and my older brother James, well they're gone.

My dad comes in, and when he sees my gear, he tears up. My dad used to be a professional lacrosse player, so that's how I got the love and talent for the sport. For once, he doesn't ask me about my meds. "Try outs are tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I need you to fill out an emergency card for me. That's all I'll need to try out. When I make the team, I have to get all that other stuff..."

"Don't worry son. We can get a head start. We'll go through anything so you can play again. But you gotta be honest with the doctor and your shrink kid. If you're hearing voices again, you know you gotta tell me."

I nod. I'm sure the voices will go away soon. Apparently I can't play if I start hearing them again because it's "not good for my health."

"Do you need to take my car to school because of your gear?"

"No. I can put it in my duffel bag. Don't worry I'll be fine Dad." I smile at him to seal the deal. I guess he buys it because he wishes me luck and leaves my room, closing the door behind him like always. I start putting away my stuff. Lacrosse cleats, pads, sport bottles filled with water and Gatorade, compression shorts, lacrosse pants, and the shirts in the main pocket of the bag, and my mouth guard, cups, and KT Tape on the side bags. I hold my lacrosse stick. It's so beautiful. I caress it and finally place it in the main bag leaning sideways, so when I close my bag, my lacrosse stick is poking out, but it's still secure.

I put everything away and start getting ready for bed. I have a big day ahead tomorrow, so I need all the rest I can get. But before I do, I go to my contacts to see Lily's name. I scroll down to the L's and I see that she saved her name as "Lily♥" I blush and smile so big, that my mouth hurts. I turn everything off and go to sleep with a sheepish grin on my face.

Thanks so much for reading guys. Please vote, comment, and tell ya friends