Chapter 11

Charlie's P.O.V

I wake up to the annoying, piercing noise of my alarm ringing. I turn it off and get out of bed. I am suddenly hit with a wave of memories, everything flashing back at once. I kissed Lily yesterday. And she rejected me. Who the fuck rejects me? Let's face it, I'm irresistible. But she's just a confused little girl. Brandon's running all over her head. Once she forgets about that stupid, little incident, she'll scratch her head wondering why she rejected me.

I decide to text Lily that I'm still picking her up at her house. She never replies, but that doesn't matter. She'll get a ride from whether she likes it or not. I get ready and on my way out, I take a cookie out of the cookie jar and scream to my mom that I'm leaving. I always tell her I'm leaving, whether she's there or not, whether she came home last night or not. I learned to stop giving a fuck.

I pull up to Lily's curb and surprisingly she's sitting on her front steps waiting for moi. What did I tell ya? I'm irresistible. She sees my car pull up and enters my humble abode.

"Charlie look what happened yesterday," she starts immediately, but I cut her off.

"Lily, you can't go pretending like you didn't like it," I say innocently.

"Charlie, thing is, I'm not sure if I like you. You get me? Like I'm getting there, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to rush things until I'm sure," Lily explains to me.

"Yeah I understand. Well I'll be here whenever you're ready. I'm not going anywhere Lily." Bullshit. If this girl doesn't succumb in a week or two, I'm done. That's how I am. Sorry not sorry. I start driving to school. In silence. Again. When we arrive, Lily gets out of the car; she doesn't even wait for me to open the door for her. Fine by me. I don't have to waste energy for that.

We actually arrive in the nick of time. When we enter class, our teacher is already beginning to set up his PowerPoint. I let Lily in first and follow her down the aisle to our seats. Thank God for alphabetical order right?

It's my turn to be Lily, because I find myself knocking out and Lily waking me up when class ends.

"Charlie. Wake up," she whispers while shaking me.

"Mom?" I ask drowsily.

I hear laughter. "No Charlie, it's me Lily," she says in that flowery voice of hers.

God I must be high if I'm calling out for my mom and comparing voices to flowers. I shake my head a little and take in where we are. Ahh...school, that's right. I get up and grab my stuff, thanking Lily and walking down our aisle at the same time.

We separate in the "hippie hallway" as all the kids except those in the "hippie hallway" call it. May I clarify that I'm one of those "hippies." Not all of us in the program are like that. But I guess no one believes that explanation because this is still the "hippie hallway" and forever shall be.

I enter my Philosophy class. It's required when you're in this program. I take my seat next to my friend, who I think more as a brother, Jason.

"Yo bro you lose your virginity for the thirty second time already?" he asks rather loudly.

"Hey shut the fuck up. No. She's a fighter," I reply. We both start laughing. That's what we call girls who are really difficult to get at.

"Man you've been knowing her for a while now bro. When you gonna hit that?" Jason keeps on asking.

"Soon bro soon. I'm not giving up easily. Remember no one says no to Charlie Delinger."

The teacher starts doing his job, and so do I. I may be a player, but I care about school, well kind of.

"Wait how's everything going with-"

"Hey, do you want the whole world to hear what's going on in my life?" I ask angrily.

"Nah bro sorry. I just wanted to know how everything is between you guys," he whispers this time.

"Fine. Bro if anything can describe me, it's slick as fuck."

This quiets Jason for the rest of the period. Don't get me wrong, Jason is my go-to-guy, but sometimes he can get really interrogative, and it really pisses me off. I swear one of these days, someone is going to hear something, and I'm gonna be fucked so bad, I won't be able to walk for a week. Well not really, but still, it's gonna get bad. Better to not say anything. The quieter the better.