The Kennedy Life: The Last Time Travelers: Ch.10

Ch.10

"Life turns on a dime. Sometimes towards us, but more often it spins away, flirting and flashing as it goes: so long, honey, it was good while it lasted, wasn't it?"

~Stephen King, 11/22/63

_______________________________

Luci Johnson searched the house.

The compound was eerily lit by the lights. She had to make sure she didn't trip or anything like that. Her instincts were to flee the place in terror but Kathleen had told her to stay put. Luci was deeply afraid of what the Kennedy could do to her so she stayed put.

When Luci had heard of the assassination attempt on JFK's life, she'd decided it was just a playoff. A gamble on JFK's life.

Her father had told her of the time travelers. She had gotten attached to the quiet but manipulative Kathleen Kennedy too fast. Luci had gotten an immediate liking to them.

But then came Dallas.

Luci's world had crumbled when the time travelers revealed the horrible truth: Lyndon Johnson had been behind the assassination. Horrified, Luci had run away from and headed to DC. She'd made the stupid mistake of joining the Kennedy's for reelection when everyone seemed to hate her.

Well Kathleen didn't seem to hate her. Infact Kathleen enjoyed her company. Rory, the youngest of the group, didn't like Luci though. Rory had never known her father so she was wary of the people who hated him. And since Lyndon Johnson hated Bobby, Rory was wary of her.

She finally saw bloody prints on the floor leading away from the house. She turned and yelled at the others. They scrambled to regroup. "They went this way."

"Follow the tracks," Kathleen said. They began darting under bushes till they got to some dark alleys. It reeked of trash in there. Kathleen turned her head.

"Split up," she told them. "I'll go up."

Luci took a turn on her left side. Caroline bolted for the backside.

Luci flicked on the light she was using.

She would find Rory. She would prove to Rory she wasn't a killer.

...........

Caroline ran down the street not even bothering to see if she was being chased. She stopped at the exit, frowning.

"Take a left," she muttered half to herself. She darted to the left quietly.

The floor started creaking under her feet. Caroline cursed. She tried to stop the noise. It worked once she was on her tiptoes.

She snuck near a box and peeked out to make sure no one was coming but what she saw made her mouth drop.

There with Rory stood not only Lyndon Johnson but the allieged assassin of RFK.

Shirhan-Shirhan.

______________________________

Sorry for the slow update I've been having problems since three days ago 😣

-

I got the movie, the woman of Camelot too! I'm planning to watch it tonight yayyyy I'm so excited ALXJKDBEDH 😍😭

-

Please review! 😊💕💋