The Kennedy Life: The Last Time Travelers: Ch.1

Chapter 1

"I thought they'd get one of us, but Jack, after all he's be through, never worried about it I thought it would be me."

~Robert F. Kennedy

____________________________

The days after Dallas had been grueling for a teenage John Kennedy Jr.

Secret service agents and police kept watch for Lyndon while John watched videos of Conally's death. He'd seen the gore. The bloody wound on Conally's head was marked viciously into his mind. It didn't leave him. It was a scar that didn't get off him. John jr was still haunted by what ifs. What if they had been to slow to react and John Kennedy's head had exploded? The mere thought made John Jr shudder with pure fear.

Don't dwell on the past, he told himself firmly. Dwell on the present.

No matter how hard he tried he spent his days in the White House watching Conally clips and videos.

One day at half past midnight when there was a ball going on for all the senators and the president and First Lady, he was sitting down and watching the TV. His father had let him go to the party but after he'd gotten bored, John had left. A few minutes later the president came strolling in. He took the remote control and powered off the TV. John looked up at him.

"I was watching that," the teenage boy said, expressing his annoyance.

"You need to stop." President Kennedy's blue eyes were round but full of concern. "Stop doing this. You're falling into a depression."

John Jr slumped on the chair, tears ran from his face. "I don't know why I didn't see this earlier. The bad guy was in our ranks. We were too blind to see it." He was sobbing into his hands.

The president sat down and started rubbing John's back gently. John put his face on the man's shoulder and cried pitifully into his suit. The black suit the president was wearing turned wet black. "Calm down, John. It's okay. What matters is that I'm here."

John stopped sobbing. "They were going to kill you."

"But we weren't going to let that happen, did we?" President Kenendy smiled at him. "I'm still alive. There will be no Vietnam War. The United States will be okay."

...................................

Lyndon Baines Johnson had blood dripping from a cut in his forehead. He was still seething from the previous meeting and how he'd escaped DC.

He could go back to Texas. The south didn't support Jack Kennedy but then again no. He remembered the cheering crowds on November 22, 1963. That day had come and he'd expected to become president. But the time travelers...

The anger returned to him. Time travelers...

The girl, Rory, seemed like a mischievous little brat. She had her daddy's smile and her mother's skin. She was tan and very bubbly at the same time. She also had her father's temper.

And for Kathleen, Johnson thought. She was quite vicious. She'd proved that when she had killed his bounty hunters. She was ruthless like her father.

Lyndon sat down on a bench feeling anger run through him. The thought of John Jr and Caroline made him want to scream. And Bobby, the attorney general, had more children in the future. It sickened Lyndon too much.

Johnson went into a bar. He was in the south. There was white people. That made a good idea. If the white people in the south hated Kennedy what was better then having an army? Or better making the Kennedy administration back down?

Lyndon smirked. He knew who would gladly help him. Caroline had revealed the name by accident and now she was going to regret it.

______________________________

hey guys this an alternate universe as you know where President Kennedy survives the assassination attempt on his life. He is saved by the future generation of Kenendys in 1974. Read the first book if you haven't already 😊

-

Please review! 😍💕