The Kennedy Life: The Last Time Travelers: Ch.12

Ch.12

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's First Inaugural Address

______________________________

Even though Caroline knew she couldn't feel Rory's anger, she knew there was a burning hatred in her cousin's soul.

The roof shuddered under the rain that had come down without warning. Caroline stood there with crossed arms but eyeing or glaring at Lyndon with a deadly look in her eyes. Shirhan, Rory, and Johnson turned around. They were all shocked by the Kennedy's appearence.

"Shoot you, bastard!" Johnson yelled. Shirhan fired rapidly at Caroline and Johnson took Rory out of the building.

Anderline is what made Caroline fast. She dove out of the way and threw herself at Shirhan. He was surprised that he stumbled back and he was sent flying and being pinned against the wall. She kicked him hard in the groin. He fell to the floor. At the same moment, Kathleen and Luci ran in. Kathleen's hands were scraped and bloody. Luci held Shirhan against the wall. "Where did they go?" Kathleen asked her cousin.

"I'll go find them," Caroline replied. A muffled shriek from Luci made them turn around. Shirhan fired at Caroline's hand. She screamed as the bullet entered her hand. Her hand was now caked with muddy red blood. Luci hit Shirhan hard in the face, knocking him out cold.

"Are you okay?" Luci stared at the bloody hand. "Caroline we need to get you to a hospital!"

"No," she shrugged it off. "What we need to do is get to a phonebooth."

.........

Rory didn't know why she had accepted time travel with her cousins and brothers and sister.

It seemed cool at first. The thrill of saving Uncle Jack and Dad had excited her. A chance to prove herself that she was not weak.

But then came the aftermath of Dallas.

The lone gunman theory wasn't right. No one could singly handkill the most powerful man in America. It was impossible.

Kara had been smart enough to track down who was behind it but the trail led to it being Lyndon Johnson. Rory shook with fear in the backseat. That wasn't right. It couldn't be right.

She was hiding now in the back of Lyndon's car, when he was ordering her to stay put. She groaned at pain in her left arm. There was cut on her arm. It was agonizing.

Johnson stopped the car. She stood up on shaky legs. He turned smiling brightly at his achievement. Rory rolled her eyes at him.

"Come on," he growled stiffly. She followed him, still shaking.

The air was warm and humid. She didn't mind that. She knew they were in Texas. Texas heat was intense, she recalled. But it didn't bug her. She was aware of that when they stopped the assassination.

Johnson shoved her into his home ranch. She stumbled but caught her balance. That's when she saw the lady staring at her through the darkness.

All feelings of anger vanished from Rory. She could only stare in astonishment.

The woman was Lady Bird Johnson.

____________________________

hey guys any of you watched any Kennedy movies that are PG-13? I need to watch some! 😍😭

-

please review! 💕💋