The Kennedy Life: The Last Time Traveler: Chapter 15

Ch. 15

The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.

~Lois Lowry, The Giver (The Giver #1)

______________________________

Kathleen had watched as Luci was thrown to the floor. Shirhan punched Luci right in the face. David held Caroline who was beginning to stir from her bloody cuts.

"Luci," Kathleen murmured. Tears were running from her eyes as she wiped them away. She had to stop sobs from coming from her.

"We'll get her back." David put the unconscious Caroline on the ground. "I called the police. They should be surrounding the place anytime soon."

Rory was holding her arm. The arm was soaked with blood. She clutched it, her eyes rubbing with tears.

They spent the day there, David trying to soak up some of Rory's blood. "It's okay," he said. "Just let me hold your arm." Rory held her arm out.

There was a shriek followed by the grass rustling. Shirhan exploded out of the undergrowth followed by three police officers. John reacted swiftly and violently and threw the RFK assassin to the ground.

"Where's the girl?" Kathleen asked, referring to Luci who was probably still in the ranch, panicking.

The men handcuffed Shirahn and threw his gun into the water. There was a loud splash. "You mean Luci Johnson? She's okay. She just passed out."

The officers led them to police cars. Lyndon was flat on the floor, blood glistening from his mouth. Caroline looked down at him. "Who's beaten now, coward?" She mocked him. Lyndon groaned but glared at her.

They followed to the police car. Rory's arm was treated as quickly as she could. Her blood though stained the bandage and she passed out from the pain.

She snuggled up into the back of the car seat and fell asleep in Kathleen's arms.

It'd been a long day and their wishes and dreams had come true: they had changed history.

________________________________

Sorry for the slow update and chapter I was really busy and school starts back in 1 week 🙈💩

-

I'm not looking forward to it! 😨💙

-

I'm gonna do an epilogue and that's it for this book and the series 😋💘

-

reviews please! ☺️💕💘