The Kennedy Life: The Golden Age That Never Was

Epilouge:

The Kennedy assassination attempt had been years ago, almost now half a century since JFK had been almost killed in Dallas and half a century since LBJ's plot had been foiled and discovered.

Things had happened differently then they'd expected. Ethel and Bobby had had more then 11 children, they'd had 15. The additional kids were 3 girls and one boy. Bobby had decided to run agianst Richard Nixon and he won the election beating Johnson, McCarty out of the ticket.

Jack and Jackie had stayed together. Jackie had given birth to three more children. One girl and tow boys. Joe Kennedy Sr had died in 69' a few months after Teddy Kennedy had "almost" driven his car off a bridge.

Joan and Ted still divorced having no more kids. Joan never remarried. Onassis never put himself in Jackie's life even after the first Kennedy presidency.

John F. Kennedy, 35/36th president of the United States, died in 2001 at age 83. He died of a heart attack. Robert, Bobby, Kennedy, 37th president of the United States, died six years later after his brother's death.

Teddy Kennedy died in 2009 of brain cancer after fighting it for one year. Kara never had her heart attack. She kept running like a regular woman on the day she was meant to die.

Kerry didn't have her driving accident. She didn't use the pills that she was supposed to use even though they were prescipted to her.

Micheal Kennedy didn't crash into a tree that ended his life. David didn't use drugs therefore he didn't die of overdose. John Kennedy Jr didn't fly his plane into the ocean and he still met Carolyn, who gave birth to two kids. John F. Kennedy the third and Jacqueline Kennedy who was named after her late grandmother who died in 2007.

The 9/11 attacks were discovered and stopped. Al-Queda was destroyed and stopped before they crashed the planes into the tower. Richard Nixon still hated the Kennedy's and he still died in 1994.

The time traverlers who were still alive, sometimes had brief memories of the past they had shared before stopping the assassinations. Kathleen had quick violent flashbacks of being raised by her mother and the violence following the MLK assassination. She'd had a violent one after she met the former civil rights supporter in 1978.

For more then 50 years, the people who had saved JFK, were still not found. There was conspiracy theories wondering if they were saviors of part of the plot.

They never really told anyone just people that they trusted. For example in 1979, Rory had met MLK. She'd told him of the time machine they had found and how they had prevented a terrible future from coming true. She informed people she trusted of the Johnson and Nixon presidency that had been so bad, Rory was glad her memories were short on it.

Shirahn-Shirhan, RFK's killer, was found and just for safety, they searched his house. In this life he didn't hate RFK so he was left alone. Oswald was killed in the depository room by Caroline and he was never a problem. Rory met the father she was never destined to know. America had been saved of many horrors including Nixon's Watergate and the Vietnam War.

Many times Rory thought about what ifs. She also thought of Uncle Jack's presidency and her father's presidency as the "Golden Age That Never Was." It haunted her slightly but what haunted her more was the blood that would have happened if the Kennedy assassination had been stopped.

Lyndon Johnson died in 1974 and the Soviet Union fell in the early 1990's.

It was truly the Gold Age That Never Was.

______________________________

I'm done with the book/series! I might do a spinoff on the alternate history! I dont know if you have any ideas on the alternate history DM me on Instagram ((@the_kennedy_life)) or Kik me! ((35president!)) or just email me on Wattpad here! ☺️💕

-

please review! 😌