The Kennedy Life: The Last Time Travelers Ch. 13

Ch. 13

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

~Rose Kennedy, upon losing four of her children

________________________________

Luci was fast but every now and then she and Caroline would stumble over a dead end. Caroline would guess where to go and they'd follow the tracks. If that was a dead end too they'd have to turn around and search for an exit.

Caroline at one point dove into a bush when she heard a car coming and Luci hid behind a tree.

Caroline turned to look at her. "We will have to split Luci. If you see your father, run. I don't want you getting hurt. You're a Kennedy supporter now."

Luci nodded and followed one of the trails. She glanced behind her to see Caroline taking another trail that they had not taken.

Luci advanced toward the ranch, pulling out a sharp dagger as she did so. She leapt into one of the bushes. Then she causally climbed up the tree and postioned the dagger. She was very careful not to hurt herself. But for now she was stuck in this tree.

She heard her father's voice followed by Rory yelping in pain. Then her mother's voice. Her mother's voice was full of fear. She was begging Lyndon to let Rory go. The girl was only a child. She was only 6.

Johnson dragged Rory out but out from the corner of her eye, Luci saw Caroline. The girl was hiding in the tall grass. She was glaring at Lyndon.

Caroline was completly unarmed but you shouldn't count the dagger in her pocket. She glanced up and saw Luci hiding in the cover of the trees. She gave her a small quick nod before turning her attention back to Lyndon and Rory.

Rory was yelling something at Lyndon, but Luci didn't give a crap. Her eyes widened when Caroline stepped out of her hiding place. "Hello, Lyndon." Her voice was causal and calm.

Luci felt her stomach churn and flip when she saw Lyndon pull out a gun and aim it at her.

"Do you think that's gonna work?" Caroline eyed the gun warily. She looked at Rory through narrowed eyes. Her hand, Luci thought, was caked in dry red blood.

"One press of a button," the former VP growled, "and you can be gone."

She was smiling calmly. "I don't fear death at all, Mr. Johnson."

Rory, on the other hand, was stressing out too much. "Caroline, stop! Just run!"

Luci didn't want to see this but her eyes were glued to the scene. "Not till I deal with Lyndon!" The Kennedy girl barked. Her father was almost pulling the trigger all the way.

Caroline pulled the dagger out of her pocket. She exhaled slowly before charging at the former VP. Luci and Rory both looked away. Luci was screaming inside her head, knowing what would happen.

She heard the bang of a bullet. Luci looked down and saw that the bullet went into the Kennedy's collarbone.

Caroline had told her not to scream but Luci was staring with pure horror in her eyes. She could not help in screaming.

She watched as the Camelot princess fell to the floor, blood soaking from her shoulder. Caroline rolled onto the floor, the dagger rolling from her fingers. She had her eyes closed.

"You don't mess with me." His eyes were full of pure anger.

Caroline spoke in a raspy voice. "I already did." She forced herself to raise her voice. "Kathleen! Luci!"

Lyndon turned around, his gun still up, ready to shoot.

Luci saw that Kathleen was hiding in the bushes. The Kennedy was glaring. She was unarmed, her blue eyes staring into the house.

Caroline was reaching for the knife again.

But sadly to say, Lyndon saw her reaching for the knife again and aimed the gun towards her.

Caroline was exhausted from the loss of blood. "Go ahead. Kill me. You won't really kill me till you get your hands on the baby Caroline."

"If I kill you, there won't be an older you in your time." Lyndon turned around and hid behind his car. He knew, Luci thought, that they were stalling.

Luci stretched in the tree. She knew this would kill her. She crouched ready to jump.

When she thought the cost was a little clear, she jumped.

_______________________________

hi! sorry for the slow update! 😊🙌

-

I really have nothing to talk about today! 💛💙💜💚❤️

-

please review! 💖💘💋