Chapter 21 ~ I lov...

“Wil-Wilmer?” I stutter, not being able to believe my eyes.

“Yes, it´s me” He replies, coming closer to us.

He doesn´t look really happy and that causes a feeling of worry to settle down in me.

“Um… How have you been?”

“Fine” He harshly replies. “And I see you´ve been fine too…”

I don´t know what to say now so a uncomfortable silence falls upon us.

“I´ll just go” Those cold words exit his mouth and, before I notice it, he´s walking away, with his hands in his pockets.

A long, sad sigh escapes my lips before I look at Tom, who´s slightly confused.

“Who was that?”

“A friend of mine. He´s been away for like two months and it looks like he´s back now”

“You guys don´t really seem to be friends” Tom says.

“I… He… It´s just complicated”

“I see” Tom laughs a little bit and wraps an arm around my shoulders. “You can tell me about it if you want”

“Yeah, it would be great if finally someone knew about this. So I can get this off my chest. It´s kind of painful"

“Let´s go to a café. You can tell me there”

We walk together towards our favorite café and order two coffees.

“So… As you might know, I am new here. I made two friends. Olive and Jade… Wilmer´s Olive´s older brother… One night, I slept at Olive´s house and there I met Wilmer… I immediately felt something weird for him… I thought I hated him at first… And Jade started to fall for him… And Wilmer kissed me… We hated each other yet we kissed a lot… Jade got a boyfriend, Dave… I found myself craving for his lips… His kisses…” I take a deep breath and look at Tom for a few seconds.

“He… Said I confuse him… I´m also confused. We don´t know what we feel. He´s that kind of guy who uses girls, you know? Has sex with them and then forgets about them for good… I don’t want to be the next one…”

“I feel you” He says, taking a sip of his hot coffee.

“Yeah… And the day after he told me that, he walked away and now he´s back and I don´t know what to do”

“You guys clearly feel something for each other. I think you are in love…”

Those last three words cause me to choke in my drink.

“In love?” I laugh in nervousness.

“Yeah… Did you feel something when he kissed you?”

“Yeah…”

“Did you feel something when you saw him today?”

“Kind of”

“Did you do exactly what you wanted to do?” Tom wants to know.

“What do you mean?” I ask while bringing the mug close to my lips to drink a bit out of it.

“Did your heart really tell you to do what you did when you saw Wilmer?”

“No… I actually wanted to kiss him…”

“Ha! That´s it, girl. You love him” Tom says and claps his hands once while he looks at me.

“Oh, Dear”

“Yeah. You better move your ass and go to talk to him”

“You´re forgetting about something… He´s my friend´s brother”

“So what?”

“I don´t know… Maybe she finds that awkward…”

“Bullshit”

“And what if he´s just using me? What if I´m just his new toy?”

“I don´t think so. I feel it. Come on, go talk to him right now. I´ll pay this. Good luck, Demi-Dem”

Before I know it, I´m walking out of the café, making my way towards Wilmer and Olive´s house.

I stop walking when I´m in front of that familiar door. I press my finger to the doorbell and, seconds later, Wilmer opens the door.

“What?”

“We need to talk” I directly say, entering his house, not caring about the fact that there might be more persons there.

For my good luck, it´s just Wilmer and me.

“What do you want to tell me? About your stupid boyfriend?”

“What? I don´t have a… You mean Tom? He´s my best friend” I can´t help but laugh a little bit.

“Oh…”

“Yeah… Wilmer… I…” I start getting closer to him.

“I think I… I lo…” He does not let me talk and kisses me roughly.

He kisses me like this was the last time he would ever kiss my lips… Like he needed me…

We pulled away for air and looked into each other´s eyes.

“I lov…”

“Shh” He hushed me by putting his index finger on my lips. “Let´s go party”

“Fine” I smiled. “See you tonight at 11 here, okay?”

“Yeah” I pecked his lips and left his house, completely forgetting why I had gone there.