Sorting

The first years followed McGonagall to the dining hall. All of the first years were in a line getting ready to be sorted. Some kid named Richard went first...

"Hufflepuff!" The sorting hat yelled.

All the Hufflepuffs clapped and Richard walked to the table smiling. No wonder he was a Hufflepuff.

Kid after kid went to the sorting hat and got sorted. Eventually, it was Julian's and Jazzie's turn.

Julian went first. "Hmm. . ." the hat said. "You are nervous. . . could it be because of school? Probably not a Gryffindor." All the students laughed. Julian was embarrassed. "Embarrassed? Not a Hufflepuff either. You don't look too evil to me. . . RAVENCLAW!"

The Ravenclaws all clapped and Julian made his way to Ravenclaw table. Then it was Jazzie's turn.

"Hmm, a nice charming girl I see. Not evil to me. You are excited? For class? I think we all know what house she's in. RAVENCLAW!"

  Jazzie grinned and made her way to Ravenclaw table as they clapped.  

  As Jazzie and Julian high fived each other a Slytherin started getting their attention.  

  The Slytherin snickered. "How disgracing to their family it must be to be put in Ravenclaw," he spat, saying Ravenclaw like it was venom.  

  "Oh, hey, Axel!" Julian said with hatred. "Cheat on any girls lately?" The Ravenclaws ooohed. Julian chuckled.

  Axel's face contorted with anger. "At least I can get a girl," he retorted. 

  The Slytherins oohed back. "Go insult a hippogriff!" Julian said with pride.  

  Axel snorted. "Is that the best you've got? I'm surprised you were put in Ravenclaw."  

  "At least I know spells! Mud-blood!"

Everyone collectively gasped.

  Julian knew he crossed the line there but he just had to. 

  Jazzie gasped and stared at Julian. Ravenclaw and Slytherin table went quiet, in fact, practically the whole dining hall went quiet.  

  "Too far?" McGonagall looked straight at Julian. She looked straight at him and he felt pain inside his head as if he got a brain freeze. 

  Jazzie followed his gaze and her eyes widened. She scooted away from him.  

  McGonagall wasn't happy though she didn't feel like fighting today so she just gave him the look for a while and the whole room went back to normal. 

"Let the feast. . . BEGIN!"  

  Plates magically appeared on all four tables. There were countless choices. Beef, turkey, gravy galore! Chicken, pudding, mashed potatoes!

Everyone finished eating and walked to their common rooms.