Nox

"Seriously how do we turn it off? Do we just wait for it to burn out?!" Julian asked.

  "Um. . ." She spotted another student and immediately recognized them. They were in their 5th year and was in Gryffindor. "We can ask them."

  It was Emily. Of course, she was the best at charms. They knew they could count on her!  

  They ran up to her. "Hey, Emily!" Julian said. 

She smiled, pausing the conversation she was having with her friends. "Hey, guys! How's your first day going?" 

"It's been. . . eventful," Jazzie said. "Hey, we need a little help." They held out their wands. 

Emily took one look at their hopeful faces and lit wands, and burst out laughing. Her friends followed. They stared at her, cheeks burning with embarrassment. Once she finished, she wiped her eyes. "Y-you guys don't know Nox?!" She started laughing again. 

Nox, Jazzie thought. That must be the spell. "Nox!" shouted Jazzie, above Emily's laughing. Her wand turned off.  

  "NOX!" Julian bellowed and it turned off. "Thanks, I guess, Emily?" 

She was still laughing with her friends. And they were kind of mad so they left to go to class early. "Wait!" She said out loud.  

  The twins stopped walking and turned around slowly. "Y-yes?" They said nervously at the same time. 

"I'm sorry for being mean. . How about I give you something in return?" 

Julian and Jazzie weren't sure what it was but they were ready.  

  She gestured for them to come closer. They did. She bent down to their level. "How about," She whispered, "I teach you two a spell, that you won't learn until you're in. . . Hm, at least fourth year." 

They nodded vigorously. 

Emily grinned and stood up to her full height. "Alright. I'll teach you. . ." She tapped her chin. Suddenly, she stopped and raised her index finger up. "Ah, I know! I'll teach you Incarcerous." 

"Wh-what does it do?" Julian asked. 

She smirked. "It binds the victim with magically conjured ropes." They gaped at her. "Whenever you're free next, I can teach you."  

  "PERFECT!" Julian said with happiness though he knows he can't use it for the duel because he could get into trouble. 

"Oh, erm. . how about tomorrow before school starts?" Jazzie asked. 

"Of course," said Emily. "See you here tomorrow." 

And as they walked to charms, Julian finally spoke, "She's pretty. . ." He said, drooling.  

  Jazzie nudged him with her elbow. "Wipe your chin." She smirked. "And anyway, she's a fifth year. No way that will happen."  

  "I know. . . but she's pretty!" After daydreaming of her, he hit the wall right next to the door to charms class. Luckily, no one saw.  

  Jazzie snickered. "Come on, let's get inside. Oh, I just can't wait. . ."  

  "Gonna be so fun!" Julian said with excitement.