seven

The time is here for sure
I'mma do my thing

The time is here for sureI'mma do my thing

"Is it supposed to be that hard?"

"Well, not really." Minhyuk's words weren't half as reassuring as I'd have liked them to be. "I mean, you're not really experienced in all this racing stuff, so that's okay."

"I don't see how it's okay," I muttered, shaking my head. "I was supposed to be home an hour ago."

He grinned, leaning forward flirtatiously. "Isn't it fun being a bad, bad girl?"

We were once again at the plaza, but it was daytime. After having seen the crowd that gathered here at night, filled with the hot excitement of races and other...worldly pleasures, it was slightly surprising to see the place so empty, with not even a couple of tourists hanging around.

Our knees almost touched under the table we were seated at, but my posture was ramrod straight because of the discomfort of being in a situation like this. Lee Minhyuk, as I found, was pretty similar to Kang Seulgi in some respects, most of these involving hitting on everything that breathed and walked.

"No." I deadpanned, but he leaned back with a delighted laugh, apparently undeterred. "What else is bad is that even though I've agreed to this racing thing, I've no idea how the whole thing works properly—and I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to participate without that."

"Oh, don't worry about that," He shrugged. "There are a lot of people who would be ready to tell you about this shit, maybe show you the ropes...but I think we will have to check up on the catch."

"Of course." The corner of my lips twitched. "Isn't there anyone who would do it for nothing?"

There was a pause as he inhaled for a long moment, his toned chest rising and falling under his muscle tee very obviously. "Well, you see," He bit his lip, as if unsure how to proceed, "At this place, everyone has a motive for doing bad shit. Even racing—everyone, or almost, is into something you might not want to get caught up in."

I raised an eyebrow. "Your point being?"

"You should be a little careful." He looked at me seriously. "Trust does not have the same meaning for them as it does for you, and of course, they don't really care whether you're new or not." Another moment of hesitation, another short pause. "They may want something from you you can't give them."

My eyes drifted to the opening to the street, where I had stood at a time which seemed so long ago, and a conversation I'd held with a certain redhead.

It might be just a street race for you, but it's so much more for so many.

Money? Power, fame, what else? Drugs?

Sex. A story.

What's it to you?

Forget it.