twenty five

between our narrow space,
this tension gets higher

Not a moment after my lips met Minhyuk's, I was ripped away from him like a piece of paper tearing in half

My mind went blank, whether it was from shock or bliss, I didn't know. I didn't understand what was happening to me, but every emotion was blurring together and bleeding into each other, becoming a pinwheel that spun fast and hard and left me gasping for air.

Taeyong stood next to me, his gaze dark, lips lifted in a half-sneer and half-snarl. I squirmed under his iron-clad grip on my shoulder, but he paid no attention, his eyes darting between a speechless Minhyuk and a shocked Seulgi with a vengeance.

"What the fuck is happening here?" He growled, voice deepening with anger and something else, something much more sinister. When no one answered, he turned to me, looking at me but not looking at me at the same time. He scrutinized my face, eyes searching mine, his grasp on me tightening even more.

I stared back, confused, not sure if I was supposed to be afraid. Seulgi had gone white around the mouth, but her face was set and held an expressionless calm. Taeyong's head came closer to mine, brow furrowing as if he was trying to search for something—and apparently he found it, because his expression became even more dangerous. "What did you give her?" He whipped around to stare down the girl on one of the barstools, voice growing louder and filling with rage, attracting the attention of everyone around us.

Silence.

His jaw tightened as I looked at the side of his face, cold fear washing over me. Everything became sharper, clearer—he was pissed. Really pissed. Which meant someone had done something to piss him off.

Taeyong's fingers dug deeper into my shoulder, and I winced.

His eyes flickered to mine, and his whole face softened. Pursing his lips, he somewhat loosened his grip on me, whirling on the others with the same undiminished fire as he had a second ago.

"Ecstasy," he whispered, swallowing thickly. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" His upper lip curled back in hatred, and his hand slid down my shoulder to my bicep, and it almost felt like he was supporting me instead of trapping me in my place.

Minhyuk stood pale, rigid with shock that registered on his face. "I—I—"

"Stay away from her," Taeyong snarled at him, stepping backwards, taking me with him. "Both of you."

I drew in a startled breath as he pulled me along, turning on his heel and power-walking out of the place. His hand did not leave my arm even for a second, and his eyes stayed resolutely in front of him, as if to stare down anyone who dared look at us.

It was only when we were out of the building that his facial muscles relaxed, the taut skin of his face loosening into a still worried but less angry expression. His grip never left me, though, even as he walked me to his car and sat me down in the back of the car, taking the wheel himself a moment later.