ten

The way you talk like you don’t care,
I like that

The way you talk like you don’t care, I like that

"How did you find this?"

Taeyong kept his eyes on the view as he got out of the car. "I just did."

"Very helpul."

"I know."

I sighed in frustration, pursing my lips and watching his back as he shut the door, running a hand through his blood red hair. "Why are you always so un-talkative?"

"I don't find any reasons to talk." He said simply, before looking at me over his shoulder. "Now, are you going to come out of the car or not?"

I pursed my lips and got out, running my fingertips discreetly over the shiny red exterior of the door before closing it.

The Stingray had been parked on the side of the road with what looked like a trekking area, thick with tall trees. Taeyong walked over to the other end as I watched, standing at the edge of the drop and staring out at the view.

"Aren't you scared that I might push you down the hill?" I raised an eyebrow, folding my arms across my chest. "Or are you too badass to be scared of a newbie?"

"I don't underestimate newbies." He said simply, sliding his hands into his front pockets. "Stop asking questions."

The clever way he avoided the question irritated me. "Why did you bring me here, then?" I asked.

"Bringing you here sounds wrong." He said. "Phrase it in a better way, and maybe then I'll talk."

"Wow, salty much?" I scoffed. "I wasn't the one who asked to be whisked away to Neverland."

"No one would take you to Neverland." He shrugged.

"Stop dodging every question, for god's sake!" I exclaimed, frowning. "Why are we here?"

Taeyong paused. It wasn't outright, but subtle, the way his shoulders tightened ever so slightly and his hands dug even further into his pockets. The silence was hesitating, unsure, like even he wasn't completely sure why he had taken me with him.

"You were..." He hesitated, and then looked at me. "You looked so—I don't know, cast aside."

My eyebrows jumped. "So I'm your pet project or something?"

"Not like that," He frowned, like what I had said was bothersome for him. "You were lonely. You didn't fit."

"I didn't fit?" I laughed, shaking my head, though his words made me feel more aware of myself. "In a college, maybe. But surrounded by people like me? Racers, druggies, criminals? I didn't fit?"

"That's not what I mean." He said in a quiet voice. "Do you remember what I said the first time you came to a race?"

I frowned. "Everyone has a reason?"