1

Noelle's POV

"We're going to work now, okay? Food's in the fridge! Bye." my mom yelled. I'm staying at home today, I got a cold because of the stupid rain.

I'm home alone and my parents are gone. Great. After a few minutes of watching tv. My phone buzzed.

From: Em <3

'Hey bish! Why aren't you at school? :('

I don't know why, but everytime my best friend sends me text messages, I smile. Maybe, it's because, of our weird name calling.

To: Em <3

'Hey beyotch! I'm sick. Sorry. Come over later. Please, I'm home alone. I'm scared and hungry.'

P.S Bring food!

I started to watch re-runs of 'How I Met Your Mother.' I wish this show never ended.

****

Its been two hours and I'm still watching 'HIMYM'. I suddenly heard loud banging downstairs. Shit. What if its a bugla-

"OPEN IT BITCH! AND TURN ON THE TV IT'S IMPORTANT." my thoughts were cut off by Emma's yelling. When I opened the door she looked like she ran all the way from school.

"What's wrong?!" I asked. She was panting like crazy. She sat down on my bed to catch her breath.

"Well, your mom excused me from school to look after you. Then when I was walking over here I remembered that you said to bring food. When I was at the convenience store, I saw the news. There was a car crash and.... your... parents... they." she said biting her lip to stop herself from saying the last thing.

My parents? They're dead? Oh no, my dad was an only child and my grandparents are dead. My mom's relatives hated us. Where do I go now? I didn't even realize that I was crying rapidly.

"Where are they now?" I asked, but my voice cracked. I don't know what to do anymore.

"I think they're at the hospital near your mom's office." she said looking down. I stood up walking out of the house. I didn't bother taking the car. I just ran.

I was still crying, people were staring at me, but I didn't care. When I finally reached the hospital, I went to the desk and asked where they are, she said that they were in the ER.

When I got to the ER, there was boy with tattoos leaning against the door frame. "Are you Noelle?" he asked, tilting his head to the side, showing no emotion.

"Ye-yeah." I stuttered, what happened with my parents? I need to see them. I slumped against the wall and sat on the ground.

The doctor came out the door, looking a bit worried. "Noelle? Noelle Granger?" the doctor asked me looking down. I nodded.

"So?" I asked standing up and straightening my clothes. The strange, but very attractive boy was still here, he was listening. Wait, my parents could probably be dead and I think this stranger's attractive? Oh God. What's wrong with me?

"Well, your mother didn't make it. Your father either, I'm sorry." he said patting my shoulder. I went inside seeing my parents covered up. I wish this wasn't real.

I don't want this to happen. I want this to be just another nightmare I had. I felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see the boy. What the fuck does he want? I just want to be alone.

"Who are you?" I finally asked, I at least need to know him.

"I'm Calum, Calum Hood. I'm here to take you in with me." he said fixing his shirt.